• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I discovered this AM that it appears that I left my Peltor Tactical Sport muffs (with the upgraded gels no less :xmad:) at ACC last weekend at the IDPA match. I took them off and put them in my bag about 90% of the way through the match and switched to my plugs due to head/ear fatigue. They must have fallen out of my bag or something because I went to grab them out of the bag today for the INGO shoot and they werent there. They arent in my car, and they have a home just inside the door, so I know I didnt lay them down somewhere here. I shot an email to the match director to see if he heard about anyone finding them but no word yet. I dont hold out much hope because my last name was written on the top band, as well as under the battery cover and Im the only shooter at the match with that name. Pretty easy to figure out who they belong to if you know what I mean.

In the meantime Ive started looking at alternatives. These are a new design and significantly cheaper than the original tac sports. Anyone use them? Are they any good? They appear to use the same sound compression technology as the others. I strongly prefer that over the clipping tech others use.

https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Tacti...9_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=E2M3018AKJHJXB19TDN1

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    No experience with the Peltor's but as far as compression electronic ear muffs I have been extremely happy with my Walker razor slims. Comfortable, no issues with cheek weld when shooting rifle, sound compression technology, has 3.5mm jack to hook to phone/MP3 player if interested.

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    I purchased a set of Peltor Tacticals, so that my son and I could communicate with each other while we are shooting. I have the Howard Leight Impact headphones. Right off the bat, I like the foam padding on the edge of the ear cups much better. They seal over my ears quite well, and provide a good basis for the low noise amplification. The annoyances I have with Impacts is that they did not articulate well enough on the band, to provide a consistent seal when in the prone or transitioning. My Impact ear cup cushions kept popping off, until I finally sealed them on with some silicone sealant. The ear cup pads also stuck together, not sure if that was the sweat/salt or what not, but high desert really takes it out of you. Compared to my non-amplified plane Jane Peltors, there is a big difference in the noise suppression. I tried the Tacticals on the mower when I first bought them, and was not satisfied with the noise suppression. For whatever reason, the none amplified ones might be thicker material, as they are almost heavier than the Tacticals. Hope it helps, no real scientific evidence.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    False alarm. I lucked out. My Peltors were last seen yesterday in the clubhouse patiently awaiting my return. A coworker two offices over who is a member is going to pick them up tonight on his way home. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom