Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :( <--- Me, when I found out he wasn't running for prez.

:rockwoot:<-- Me, when I realized it meant we could have him all to ourselves in Indiana.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There's only been one President elected from the House, and it did not turn out well for him.:n00b:

Pence needs some management experience if he does want to be President. Couple of (successful) terms as Gov. will help.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't put my finger on why, but I not liking the idea of Pence being an executive in any form. He'll never be the man that MD is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It's tough to see ole Mitch go. He done so many good things for the state, and I think most of it is lost on the part of the general public. That Toll Road windfall was pure genius. States have been trying to copy it to no avail. It's was one of the few times, ever, that private business was outsmarted by a state.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The 2012 Presidential election is going to be a wild ride for anyone in it. I am glad that Pence has decided to sit it out. The republicans need to come together with one or two main candidates and start selling them to the public right now.

Obama and Biden are already on the re-election trail, and face it, the American registered voter is too disinterested to even show up at the polls. It's up to us to make sure we get our friends and family registered and in the voting booth. Having Obama and his sorry bunch in charge for an extra four years is about as appealing as a colonoscopy with no joy juice.

If he runs for Governor, I think he'll have a very good shot at winning. I still wonder what that Bayh character has up his sleeve.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    :( <--- Me, when I found out he wasn't running for prez.

:rockwoot:<-- Me, when I realized it meant we could have him all to ourselves in Indiana.

:rockwoot: Me, when I found out he wasn't running for prez.

:( Me, when I realized it meant we could have him all to ourselves in Indiana.

Thanks
    Duncan

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No one in their RIGHT MIND would want to run for prez in 2012.
    Some extremely hard decisions on a ton of "milk programs" (ie. SSA, Medicare, Welfare, etc...) will have to happen in 2012-2016 and the only way to "save" those programs is going to be cuts in benefits and tax increases. Cause no one has the guts or will power to out right end those programs. As such whomever is our next prez is going to be a 1 timer becuase the masses are going to hate him/her for the cut/tax increase. If ya thought I8BO had it bad with a bad economy ya have not seen nothing yet. SSA is on the brink of collapse and when it goes all hell is going to break lose.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2010
    I think this is a good move for Pence, he has plenty of time to run for prez later. Right now I like Gary Johnson, former gov of NM, as a Republican candidate for prez. He is traveling the country talking about cutting the federal government by 50%! Now that is my kind of candidate.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think this is a good move for Pence, he has plenty of time to run for prez later. Right now I like Gary Johnson, former gov of NM, as a Republican candidate for prez. He is traveling the country talking about cutting the federal government by 50%! Now that is my kind of candidate.

What is his track record for cutting the NM government?

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Pence made a good call. The Republican field is so wide open it's anybody's game. Not to mention that Pence has practically no national profile. He has a much better shot at winning the governorship, and using that to build a track record to run on in 2016 if Obama wins.

[sarcasm]Of course, since the world ends in 2012, this whole discussion is moot.[/sarcasm]

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Pence made a good call. The Republican field is so wide open it's anybody's game. Not to mention that Pence has practically no national profile. He has a much better shot at winning the governorship, and using that to build a track record to run on in 2016 if Obama wins.

[sarcasm]Of course, since the world ends in 2012, this whole discussion is moot.[/sarcasm]

:joke:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah thanks 4 reminding us. ;):D

Top Bottom