• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Last evening(6-30-23), you would think it was a retry for Mad Max movie. Nutty people cutting each other off, no signals, no courtesy, excessive speed, name it.
    After work, at midnight, same stuff going on, and now...foggy with best visibility at .75 miles.(usually 10 miles) WTH is wrong with people?
    Death Rage is my name for them. Road Rage was a compliment.
    Good luck, carry spare ammo.
    Your right, it was nuts. 3 people went straight on a green arrow. 3 people cut someone off. 1 guy was doing the Indy 500 on 465. We call that Friday.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Wow, I used to live right there, off the I-65 and Southport Road exit! That would have been a little too close for comfort!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was standing on my porch recently and watched a tore up old Dodge Ram intentionally blast smoke at two young teen girls on bicycles. It’s a slight decline, but he punched the gas enough to blast a cloud at them. One of them asked her friend if the guy intentionally did it. How sad are some people’s lives?
    No doubt. I was driving through the crosswalk at a walmart years ago. As I approached the hashes on the outside lane closest to the parking spaces, a guy stepped out in front of me. No big deal He has the ROW. He then made a right hand turn and started slowly walking in front of me, BARELY making any progress toward the building. He got almost past the doors before finally turning to his left and making his way toward the building. He intentionally kept me from driving by as some kind of power trip. I just sat there in awe of his arrogance. Didnt honk or anything. I was too flabbergasted that anyone would be that petty and rude. Then I got mad.

But the more I thought about it, the more I felt sorry for him. How small and inconsequential does one have to feel to think that they can wield power over somebody else by doing crap like that to feel powerful and in control? Sad.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No doubt. I was driving through the crosswalk at a walmart years ago. As I approached the hashes on the outside lane closest to the parking spaces, a guy stepped out in front of me. No big deal He has the ROW. He then made a right hand turn and started slowly walking in front of me, BARELY making any progress toward the building. He got almost past the doors before finally turning to his left and making his way toward the building. He intentionally kept me from driving by as some kind of power trip. I just sat there in awe of his arrogance. Didnt honk or anything. I was too flabbergasted that anyone would be that petty and rude. Then I got mad.

But the more I thought about it, the more I felt sorry for him. How small and inconsequential does one have to feel to think that they can wield power over somebody else by doing crap like that to feel powerful and in control? Sad.
    Guys like that are the reason train horns get put into passenger vehicles.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Given the increasing frequency of smelling pot smoke emanating from nearby vehicles while driving around the city, I would think drivers would be a bit more chill. Although, given the number of people that won't use on ramps to get up to a reasonable merging speed, maybe the pot smokers are the targets.

The other day I was going down an on-ramp on 65 southbound and in front of me was some guy and his wife in a Honda Pilot going 45 mph down the ramp and they never picked up speed trying to merge into three lanes of traffic going 65 miles an hour.

If people can't get up to speed merging on the interstate stay off the ramps and off the interstate.... better yet just stay off the road

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I spent a lot of time on the highways between and around Riyadh and Prince Sultan Air Base.

I would guess the average speed on the Saudi Arabian equivalent of the interstate was pushing 100 mph for most people. I certainly did my part to keep the average up. However, there were farm vehicles and such that did not or could not motor along too quickly and generally they did, in fact, stay in the right hand lanes.

It was notable, however, how often we’d be rocketing down the far left of a three or four lanes and some guy in the far right lane in a red Chevy shortbed pickup (of which their were thousands) would veer all the way over to the left and force us to either slow to 50 or pass him on the right. (I will leave to the readers imagination what our decision always was. And we always left a lane or two between us just in case he veered back.)

The master sergeant I often had with me on these journeys was of the opinion that this maneuver was solely for the purpose of exercising some situational power and making whoever was flying up behind Farmer Ahmed to take notice of him. I believe the master sergeant was correct.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I still like to get where I'm going, but I have become overly conscientious of other drivers. Very aware of how my driving may effect others. I go out of my way to not engage others, let alone wouldn't dare use any hand signs.

Just posted a related thread...

My boss got pulled over for violating this law. He had no idea of it and gave the typical response. He got off with a warning. Had the cop known that my boss typically always travels in the left lane, he would have ticketed him. :)

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    My boss got pulled over for violating this law. He had no idea of it and gave the typical response. He got off with a warning. Had the cop known that my boss typically always travels in the left lane, he would have ticketed him. :)
    .....it seems typical now, to drive in the left lane, catch up to someone and speed match them or go just fast/slow enough to prevent the rest of the traffic to flow.....not to mention drivers that will wait and literally look you in the eye, then pull out in front of you!.......no shortage of dumb@$$es on Indiana roads these days. It seems some drivers just want to p'$$ someone off......

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I spent a lot of time on the highways between and around Riyadh and Prince Sultan Air Base.

I would guess the average speed on the Saudi Arabian equivalent of the interstate was pushing 100 mph for most people. I certainly did my part to keep the average up. However, there were farm vehicles and such that did not or could not motor along too quickly and generally they did, in fact, stay in the right hand lanes.

It was notable, however, how often we’d be rocketing down the far left of a three or four lanes and some guy in the far right lane in a red Chevy shortbed pickup (of which their were thousands) would veer all the way over to the left and force us to either slow to 50 or pass him on the right. (I will leave to the readers imagination what our decision always was. And we always left a lane or two between us just in case he veered back.)

The master sergeant I often had with me on these journeys was of the opinion that this maneuver was solely for the purpose of exercising some situational power and making whoever was flying up behind Farmer Ahmed to take notice of him. I believe the master sergeant was correct.
    My sons laugh about those driving on the highways doing 80-100mpg and getting passed by locals in a Range Rover on the shoulder of the road with a kid standing up through the sunroof hole at those speeds playing a video game.
    Dad will be driving while smoking and talking on the phone.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My sons laugh about those driving on the highways doing 80-100mpg and getting passed by locals in a Range Rover on the shoulder of the road with a kid standing up through the sunroof hole at those speeds playing a video game.
    Dad will be driving while smoking and talking on the phone.
    I was once returning from PSAB to Riyadh, And I was hauling down the highway at about 100. I saw a little white Japanese pick up truck come flying up behind me, which was not unusual, but there was something strange about it. There was something on top of the cab flopping around, and I couldn’t figure out what it was looking in my mirror.

When they passed me, all became clear. It was the biggest damn goat I’ve ever seen standing in the back of the pick up truck. He was so tall that he could look over the top of the cab. What I saw flopping around were his long ears flying in the 120 mph wind.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was once returning from PSAB to Riyadh, And I was holding down the highway at about 100. I saw a little white Japanese pick up truck come flying up behind me, which was not unusual, but there was something strange about it. There was something on top of the cab flopping around, and I couldn’t figure out what it was looking in my mirror.

When they passed me, all became clear. It was the biggest damn goat I’ve ever seen standing in the back of the pick up truck. He was so tall that he could look over the top of the cab. What I saw flopping around were his long ears flying in the 120 mph wind.
    When my Thing 2 was in Kuwait and Thing 1 in Iraq on a few occasions, they would have to stop on the highways and wait for a pair of camels to finish humping. They finish and traffic resumes.

Top Bottom