• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I went and did a preliminary NRA pistol class thats going to be taught by INGO member VERT. Just to give him a little feedback on what I liked about it and what I didnt. I have to say i think hes going to have a really nice set-up when he gets a couple more pieces added to his course and a few little amenities such as maybe some gravel laid down on the firing line and maybe a little shelter house. Had a real nice time and picked up on a few pointers. I would highley recomend anyone in the southern,In area to get with him once he gets everything up and running, if their looking for a basic pistol class. If any one has any questions shoot him a PM hes a super nice guy and would be glad to help.Thanks Nate greatly appreciated:ingo:!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Steve thank you for the kind words and thank you for being guinea pig for the afternoon. We had a lot of fun running some simple drills and the feedback you gave was excellent. Basically we shot the course of fire that is part of the NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home.

I am really excited about range. We are working on getting some shelter out there. I know my 8 year old son sure wanted to get out of the sun for a few minutes. My wife says I also have to do something about the ticks. She found one in the TRV "Tactical Range Vehicle"! We will get the grass mowed down again and hopefully some insecticide applied before having too many people out there.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzUtMjAxMTEwMDItMTYzMy5qcGc.jpg

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    props for the After Action Report and putting out there.
    VERT, good luck on it and working on the range upgrades. Some are always easier to deal with then others. Not sure what to do for ticks other then to put it out to people coming and use "Chiggaway". You can use that as preventive or after to help get them out. I know, had sand fleas before, bad times.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    props for the After Action Report and putting out there.
    VERT, good luck on it and working on the range upgrades. Some are always easier to deal with then others. Not sure what to do for ticks other then to put it out to people coming and use "Chiggaway". You can use that as preventive or after to help get them out. I know, had sand fleas before, bad times.

I will look into that, thanks. Tick repellent.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I will look into that, thanks. Tick repellent.

Not a problem. I had not known about or used that, despite living in Indiana until that incident. There might be something better out there now, but that was what the medical personal in Iraq suggested we get.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    No prob Nate glad I could help! I think once you get a few other small pieces added to the puzzle you'll be up and running. The place out there is very nice I think its going to work out very well!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Got invited back out yesterday to see some of the upgrades and I have to say Im very impressed. The grass was mowed so the ticks werent as bad. They have a building on the property now, nice little 1 room log cabin wich will be very nice for class room type instruction. There were also restroom facilities on site now wich would make a big difference for any ladies that would happen to take a class. As well as a storage bin for all the targets. Nate will have to come along and post some pics of some of the targets that will be used and they are NICE. Alot of really nice steel targets as well as paper target stands and such. I have to say this is going in the right direction. Once its up and running I bet there will be alot of intrest around here since there arent may options for classes. Thanks Nate, for letting me be a small part of it, its greatly appreciated:yesway:

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    Hey Nate,

Congratulations on the progress!! I know you've been planning/working on this for quite a while and its good to see it coming together. You must be pleased. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks,

Craig

Top Bottom