• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    So i was at the reloading shop a couple weeks back and the Polymer 80 discussion came up. Would there be any issues (or looked down on) using a technically “ghost gun” for EDC? Most of the time if you get pulled over by the PO PO, they check to make sure your firearm isn’t stolen by running the numbers. What if you had to use it in self defense? Wouldn’t a home made gun reflect badly for you?
    What are your thoughts and insight on this subject?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Criminally? Non-issue by the book. In reality? Almost certainly a non-issue. Media coverage can affect charging decisions, though, and if it caused the media to get stirred up, maybe. If it ticks off the prosecutor for some reason, maybe.

Civilly? I'd expect it to come up. Will it matter? Who knows, but it's one more thing you'll have to explain.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I could see blue heads explode in a self defense situation. Seems like a big fuss for no advantage. It shouldn't matter but that's up for you to decide.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I love my 3 P80 builds. Great fun to design your own pistol. But I would never EDC is. Just a headache I rather not deal with.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Recently I was thinking to build a handgun with a P80 or a Lonewolf frame, I decided to go with a factory frame because of not having to explain anything at any given time.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I EDC mine everyday. I called the ISP legal department, carry a printout of an email I got from them too. I simply refuse to give up a right when there is no legal reason to do so. I refuse to be scared into capitulation with a made up narrative. I also contacted several 2A attorneys in our state, popular ones, and they said there was absolutely no reason legally that I cannot carry my P80's.

Carry on!

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I EDC mine everyday. I called the ISP legal department, carry a printout of an email I got from them too. I simply refuse to give up a right when there is no legal reason to do so. I refuse to be scared into capitulation with a made up narrative. I also contacted several 2A attorneys in our state, popular ones, and they said there was absolutely no reason legally that I cannot carry my P80's.

Carry on!

Just think the fun that will happen when they try to check the 80% lower that we build the ar15 with.

Top Bottom