• ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-uRFIr3mA[/video]

Don't really know know if anyone cares or not just thought I would get some opinions on it.
    I recently heard about this story where someone called the police and said this guy shot 4 people. Turns out the the supposed suspect is a youtuber who was doing a live stream playing a game and the "bust" was caught on video. Apparently this isn't the first time something like this happened.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    It's called swatting and the punishment for getting caught doing this needs to be severe.

Think for a second how some of you may react if it's 4AM and you're sleeping and you hear someone kick in your door. You didn't call the police. You don't expect the police. You may run down stairs with a rifle in your hand and get popped full of bullets from police officers who think they're looking for a murderer before you even realize your mistake and drop your weapon.

As a cop responding to a scene, you're put in a situation of increased risk as you'll certainly not going to be leisurely driving to a house that may have an active shooter. You're going to be hauling ass.

Unfortunately swatting is nothing new and appears to be a pastime for some idiotic teenagers. If caught, the punishment should be severe for putting real lives at risk.

As a kid, sure, I did prank calls like most of them but they were goofy / random. Bart Simpson stuff. There is a clear difference between "Is your refrigerator running?" and "Yes, I'd like to report an active shooter at 1234 Random St."

This was a semi-recent bust and I'm happy to say this kid was caught: Teen Arrested for 30+ Swattings, Bomb Threats ? Krebs on Security He was a known nuisance and member in some web-hosting communities and what is consider a 'skid', glad to see his questionable judgment caught up to him. I'd like to think he got the book thrown at him since it was covered somewhat globally.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had a hard time hearing the entire video. But that guy that got swatted didn't seem too upset as the officers were clearing rooms, before they got to him.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have also noticed a lot of people commenting that the officers were being to hard on him. I guess they shouldn't be allowed to handcuff anyone until proven guilty.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    If you are an accessory to a crime, and someone dies, you are then charged with the same crime. A few people decide to commit a home invasion and one of them unknown to the rest has a gun and uses it. If the victim dies, or even if the victim kills one of the intruders, ALL of them can be charged with a death since they were accomplices.

This should be no different, someone makes a fake call to send officers to a persons home and either the home owner or the officer is harmed or killed, and the person who made the fake call needs to be charged with the death or deaths. It isn't a game any more than the "assault a stranger" is a "knockout game".

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I dunno about this kid, but "swatting" is real, and yes the perpetrators should be hung by their sensitive bits.

Some genuine examples:

Patterico's Pontifications » Paris Hilton Victim of Attempted SWATting ? Again
    Patterico's Pontifications » Anderson Cooper Victim of Attempted SWATting
    Patterico's Pontifications » Wolf Blitzer Victim of Attempted SWATting
    Patterico's Pontifications » Russell Brand Victim of (Attempted) SWATting
    Patterico's Pontifications » SWATting on Selena Gomez
    Patterico's Pontifications » Justin Timberlake Latest (Attempted) SWATting Victim
    Patterico's Pontifications » Clint Eastwood Latest SWATting Victim

There a a bunch more at Patterico.com.

The guy posting all these is a LA County prosecutor who was himself "swatted." The cases above seem to be just for yucks; in the case of the prosecutors, it appears to have a political motivation:
    Patterico's Pontifications » What a Day Friday Was

Top Bottom