• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    what is the going rate for a 4in Blue .38 Colt Diamondback?
    i got a buddy looking to sell one and im trying to help him figure out what it could go for
    Great shape except for one blemish that to y understanding was from a leather holster

b9470595.jpg

e608c4f5.jpg

c9f2d04f.jpg

Last edited:

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    About $200, I'll be by to pick it up tomorrow!!

A lot more info would be needed before a value could be put on it-like condition, wear, original parts(grips, etc), box, paperwork. Everything would factor in.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    700-800 or so if it is a 38. No box blemish makes it 85% max. Might be able to get a bit more.

Now if it is a 22 lr 800-900.

This is top of my head what i see at the shows and internet stuff. Other will be in to give opinions I am sure.

Last edited:

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    There was a 4" .38 diamondback at the Valpo. gun show minus the rear sight and grip, labeled "as is $640". The finish was decent, when I finished the show I went back for a second look, it was gone, the guy said another dealer bought it. Grips are bringing about $100-150 on E**y and a sight $50-100 :dunno: any how thats around $800. The dealer that bought it had other D.B. for sale at $1200-1500. I have a diamondback in .38 2 1/2" I purchased last year at a gun shop for $475, it has a lot of holster wear. I have considered sending it to Colt to have it refinished, From what I have read it would be around $400 and would probably not hurt the value, most likely it would enhance it the $400. I would think yours would be around $600-800 and it would sell or ask $1500 and keep it. :twocents:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Elliason sights were $120 but my dad found some other place blowing them out at $75 each. They're gone now and the Millet replacements are all dried up too.
    FWIW Ken Sight sells a steel replacement for $60.

I'm in disagreement, a 4" .38 is a common DB. A refinish might help the value, might not.
    Think a value of $1500 rather high.

The gun probably will go up with the refinish as much as the refinish costs. So it's a wash on getting that done or not (outside of the pride in having a gun with a blem removed).

Papers/box........all the original goodies, helps keep the value high, but then the rig has to be of original finish as well.

I wouldn't refinish it unless I was gonna keep it. If you can get $1500 for it so be it.

Top Bottom