• Small hammer
    • 1/16" Allen wrench
    • Aluminum round stock
    • Vise with padded grip inserts
    • Apex USB parts
    picture.php

First of all, loosen the set screw on the rear sight:

picture.php

I placed a piece of duct tape on the end of a piece of 3" long aluminum stock. I did not have a brass drift punch, so I found a 4' long rod at H.D. for about $4.

I lightly drifted the sight to the side (it only goes one way!), and once I got it about half way, I used the provided plastic tool to push it the rest of the way off.

picture.php

As can be seen here, there is a small disc that holds the striker block's spring in place. Be careful with this guy, because it will want to launch and fly off.

picture.php

The Talon tool provided works perfect to remove the sight and keep that disc in place. Here I slowly removed the Talon tool, and held the disc in place with my finger, then let up on it, removing the disc and the spring.

picture.php

From there, you can simply remove the striker safety plunger. Here is a picture showing the difference between the original and the new Apex one. As you can see, the Apex SB is polished and more rounded off than the stock one.

picture.php

Installing this totally got rid of the 'grittiness' of the trigger pull. This was by far the easiest part of the DCAEK to replace. This, along with Apex's RAM, makes the trigger feel soooo much better. Almost like it should have been to start with :)

Last edited:

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I love the APEX parts for the M&P line. Hope your experience with APEX is as good as mine! :rockwoot:

How does it shoot since the replacement? I noticed a huge improvement with the APEX FSS & Trigger. Curious to hear experiences of others...

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I love the APEX parts for the M&P line. Hope your experience with APEX is as good as mine! :rockwoot:

How does it shoot since the replacement? I noticed a huge improvement with the APEX FSS & Trigger. Curious to hear experiences of others...

It shoots great. Big difference in the before and after. I won't be installing the FFS on this, as it is our HD and carry gun, and it has the DCAEK. However, I might by a pro series if I decide to ever try competitive shooting.

Overall, I'm 100% happy with the Apex parts.

Top Bottom