• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Any of my fellow INGO members who are considering ordering these.

There is a situation ongoing with them. Seems they have there phone turned off, won't answer E-mails and very few people have rec'd their orders lately. They continue to take internet orders and take the money right away though. I have had to sets on order since 5/5 with no contact since 5/8, not like them at all I normally get my order within 5 days.
    Mods if this needs to be moved go ahead.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Check out their Facebook page. It is covered with similar complaints.

There is a response from Tuesday
    Received email reply today to one of my "Contact Us" emails that was sent on May 9. "I apologize, my net went down. I will send ASAP.
    Derik."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Talon-Grips/110115732412975

I got a single response on 5/8 in ref to a email about when my order was to ship, got a "Will send ASAP sorry for the delay", follow up emails sent 3 times since with no answer.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Update of sorts. It appears that the owner of Talon has had a fatal accident.

Derik was a good man, dealt with him many times and never had anything but top notch service before. The info I have is the family is attempting to work things out to keep the biz going. Anyone who purchased and not rec'd should be contacted soon with options for their standing order.

I hope they are able to continue as IMHO the Talons are the best of the decal type grips for polymer framed pistols.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Derik was a good man, dealt with him many times and never had anything but top notch service before. The info I have is the family is attempting to work things out to keep the biz going. Anyone who purchased and not rec'd should be contacted soon with options for their standing order.

I hope they are able to continue as IMHO the Talons are the best of the decal type grips for polymer framed pistols.

Holy crap that sucks. I also love Talon grips, this is sad news indeed. May God be with his family.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Posted on their home page:

We are going through changes within the
    company, orders are currently suspended.Please check back for status updates.
    If you have placed an order but not received it, we will contact you with options.
    Thank you for your patience.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    That's very sad to see. I was just about to make the jump to order some Talons for my M&P 9 Shield.

I can say now though, if the company goes on after the tragic loss of the owner/founder, I'll be more than willing to show my support by purchasing more than just the Shields' grips.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Very tragic. I hope they get things running again. Never used them, but have heard great things about them.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a shame... I was about to order, when I saw some of the issues raised, including recent price increase and communications not being responded to by folks over on GlockTalk.

Hope they are able to continue on.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I ordered a set of talon grips a couple months ago and received them in a timely manner. They always seemed like a top notch operation with a good product so hearing about all the problems recently seemed out of the norm for that company.

Now I see what may have happened and if the story is true then that is tragic indeed and my sympathy goes out to the family.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    They are a company that is growing extremely fast. The growing pains are what we are seeing here. I'm still going to buy an upper from them soon.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    They are a company that is growing extremely fast. The growing pains are what we are seeing here. I'm still going to buy an upper from them soon.

??? Talon Grips only sell decal type grips for polymer framed pistols. You must thinking of some other company because the don't sell uppers. Maybe you saw the PSA and thought Palmetto State Armory instead of Public Service Announcement.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI

That's horrible news. I hope they keep the company going, I was hoping to get some grips for my Shield.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    ??? Talon Grips only sell decal type grips for polymer framed pistols. You must thinking of some other company because the don't sell uppers. Maybe you saw the PSA and thought Palmetto State Armory instead of Public Service Announcement.

LOL, ok I'm dumb and just proved it to all of those who can read it on this website. :ugh:

I thought this was another thread talking about the backlogs and wait times associated with Palmetto State Armory wait times. Now I just feel dumb.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Dear Talon Customer,

Friends and family appreciate your patience while we deal with the unexpected loss within Talon. We are doing our best to deal with our grief, while at the same time working to maintain the customer service and quality of product that Talon has always delivered. We are aware that you have an order pending and ask for your patience while we work through the changes. Our goal is to be filling outstanding orders within the next two weeks. We assure you that your product will be shipped, however, if the timing of this will not work, we will issue you a refund promptly. If you wish to receive a refund, please reply to this email with "REFUND" in the subject line and provide your name and invoice number in the body of the email.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Friends and Family of Talon

Rec'd this morning.

Top Bottom