• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spacelegged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    My buddy and i went to our local gun shop and he purchased a Taurus PT909 9mm double stack. Has anyone else had any experiance with this particular handgun? I held it and it felt like it was made for my hand. Tomorrow we are gonna shoot it and im thinking of buying the nickel plated one thats there. The price is very right and it fits most of the description of my next carry gun. So if anyone can offer knowledge on the peice, i'de be thankful.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I had a PT92 once, had a few FTE and FTF. There a better guns out there for the price. I think the only Taurus I would ever own would be their PT1911

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I feel like the Necromancer!

Had to bring this back from the dead because I bought a Taurus PT909 from my LGS yesterday and all I can say is WOW! It seems this gun was designed to eliminate the whole discussion on "slide bite" and actually become an extension to your arm, either arm.

This is the most comfortable pistol I have ever held much less owned. This one in particular is the high gloss stainless and goes well with the whole "Whorehouse" theme of my PT92AFS.

It is a 17+1 with flush fit factory mag and if you can't tell, I am in love!

DSC05880.JPG

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I feel like the Necromancer!

Had to bring this back from the dead because I bought a Taurus PT909 from my LGS yesterday and all I can say is WOW! It seems this gun was designed to eliminate the whole discussion on "slide bite" and actually become an extension to your arm, either arm.

This is the most comfortable pistol I have ever held much less owned. This one in particular is the high gloss stainless and goes well with the whole "Whorehouse" theme of my PT92AFS.

It is a 17+1 with flush fit factory mag and if you can't tell, I am in love!

View attachment 165369
    I had a PT945 many, many years ago. Don't remember having any issues with it, but needed some $$ at the time and had a buddy who wanted it more than I did.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a couple of PT911s because I have a collection of all the PT series. The 911s were very similar to the 909 (same slide) but had smaller beavertail and slightly less capacity

It is a joy to shoot and very reliable at the range, I have not carried it or its siblings in 40, 45, 357 sig or 38SA

Enjoy!

Top Bottom