• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my 15-22 has a polymer picitanny rail on it. i bought a 1 piece base and ring combo but i made sure the one piece rail had one long mounting surface instid of 2 points. that seamed to spread out the pressure more.

does that help? what are you putting the base on

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    Wanted to put one on a Sub2000. I could put on a scope to shoot for a while and take off to fold or for open sights.

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    I think a red dot would be best too. I just need to know how to attach the rail to the gun without stripping out holes that i would drill since the polymer is softer than metal.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Do a little homework on KTOG. There are several guys that have mounted quad-rail forends on theirs.

I would not recommend threading the polymer. You could easily strip it out, and be left with ugly holes in your rifle

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    Do a little homework on KTOG. There are several guys that have mounted quad-rail forends on theirs.

I would not recommend threading the polymer. You could easily strip it out, and be left with ugly holes in your rifle

The stripped out ugly holes are what i am worried about.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Would like a small wood screw be best? The metal plate idea might work, if i can get it in straight.
    If there room a thread or nut plate is always the best idea keep in mine you can always counter sink into the receiver for more clearance as long as it thick enough.....and sheet metal screws are best they are much stronger than wood screws but find some thing with aggressive threads "like a drywall screw" but dont use drywall screws they are not strong enough

Top Bottom