• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I will admit up front that I am not a knife expert. However, I have hunted, camped, hiked, and used knives for over 45 years. I have owned probably 30 to 40 differant knives over that time period. I see many factory knives for sale at $200.00 to $400. My question, and I am serious, are these knives really any better than the older Bucks, Kershaws, Gerbers, etc. that you can pick up in pawn shops, in near new condition for $35.00 to $100.00? I own probably 10/12 hunting knives, and they have always done their job without a problem. Are people being misled on the quality of some of these newer factory knives?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    most of the time, yes. but as with all things, you have to know what you are looking for/at.

think of it as a paper plate vs. a ceramic plate. the paper plate is still a plate and will do for most things a plate is needed for.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There is a huge difference. But! If the knives you've been using for years are working just fine, why spend all the money to switch? I have no doubt that a Busse is a heck of a great knife, but I have no intention to chop down trees with it or any other super hard use things people do with them. So to me, the extra money I would be spending is not a good value. For somebody else, they need the extra quality of the Busse at the extra price because of what they intend to do with the knife. So, as with anything, it all depends on what you plan to do with it. If you were wanting to go squirrel hunting, you wouldn't spend $5,000 on a long-range rifle and scope. If you were going to Iraq though, maybe you'd want that extra quality and range. Just my opinion...

Top Bottom