• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Is the point of this quarantine bucket to help when an existing member of the group gets sick and becomes quarantined or for new people entering the group?

I figured it would be to allow new people coming in (apparently healthy) to spend some time under observation and isolated to make sure they were not sick before joining the group. Clippers and rid-x would help too, and disposable razors.

You come into quarantine, you dump all your gear, all your clothes, bathe, shave, get disinfected, your gear gets fumigated and set aside and you hang out and we watch for a week or so to see if you're sick before you get to come in and play with the kids.

It's what you do with livestock, should work for people too. What's a good rule of thumb for period of time between infection and symptom for infectious diseases? I know it would vary, but what's a baseline?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What's a good rule of thumb for period of time between infection and symptom for infectious diseases?

Generally 48-72 hours , although some bugs have an incubation period of 14 days and up .

If they're not coughing , running a fever , have any visible skin sores or expelling anything unusual in that period they are generally "safe" but should be watched anyway , so limited contact with the other kids .

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Is the point of this quarantine bucket to help when an existing member of the group gets sick and becomes quarantined or for new people entering the group?

I figured it would be to allow new people coming in (apparently healthy) to spend some time under observation and isolated to make sure they were not sick before joining the group. Clippers and rid-x would help too, and disposable razors.

You come into quarantine, you dump all your gear, all your clothes, bathe, shave, get disinfected, your gear gets fumigated and set aside and you hang out and we watch for a week or so to see if you're sick before you get to come in and play with the kids.

It's what you do with livestock, should work for people too. What's a good rule of thumb for period of time between infection and symptom for infectious diseases? I know it would vary, but what's a baseline?

Good point on when the protocol should be used; maybe different processes (or even the same process?) for newcomers vs. those showing symptoms... hmm.

Top Bottom