• ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In a word, NO..

Thanks! Lots of use full info there. Mine is a Milled Arsenal. You know the new "game changer", yeah I admit I bought one. And honestly it is a damn fine rifle. "Game changer" no, damn fine AK, yes. And it fills that milled AK hole in my safe.

The only crappy thing is I pulled the handguards off last night just to check things out and I realized something I hadn't thought of. They used the hole in the front of the receiver where the bottom handguard fits to put the folding stock release hardware. Now I'm wondering if installing a different handguard will interfere with the forward stock release, and if using a handguard that leaves that gap open will cause problems with dirt and crud getting in there and preventing the stock from locking in the folded position.

I guess I could always install in on one of my other AKs though. ;)

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I finally got a Damage Industries put on my WASR 10/63, great rail system far as I"m concerned. Had previously bought a MI / USPALM set and found it way too heavy for my liking and felt very bulky up there. Hope you enjoy yours.

For the sake of saying, I had to file a bit off my top section because the DI rail was some .040" longer than my stock gas tube and wouldn't nest into the rear trunion correctly as was. Emailed DI and was told their stock rail should drop right into a WASR. I agree, it should, I'm betting it was more my rifles dimensions being off than the rails though.

Thanks for the info, Im glad you like it. Hopefully I don't have to file on mine. But it seems pretty common in the reviews I've read that some minor fitting may be required depending on the rifle. And I have all the tools and skills needed if I have to.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Mine is a Milled Arsenal.

That puts your 922R Compliance Parts count down to 5 items. Milled receiver AK's only need 5 US Made Parts.

I just went through this because I put Bulgarian wood on my Arsenal SA93. US Made Slant brake, piston, and FGC make my AK 922R compliant.

You know the new "game changer", yeah I admit I bought one.

Nothing to be ashamed of. If I had the extra scratch, I'd buy one too. Haters are gonna hate, eff em.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    That puts your 922R Compliance Parts count down to 5 items. Milled receiver AK's only need 5 US Made Parts.

I just went through this because I put Bulgarian wood on my Arsenal SA93. US Made Slant brake, piston, and FGC make my AK 922R compliant.

Nothing to be ashamed of. If I had the extra scratch, I'd buy one too. Haters are gonna hate, eff em.

I thought that was correct but I didn't want to spout off false info without knowing first. Thanks!

And yeah I am very impressed with the build quality of the SAM7SF-84. It is by far the finest made AK I have ever personally seen. I know people are hating on Arsenal for the corny advertising campaign, but that is not what made me buy it. I simply wanted a Milled AK and the intro price was honestly IMHO to good to pass up.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Whats not to love? Arsenal quality, tight (for an AK) tolerances, milled receiver, side folder, ambi safety, proven brake... I'm envious. If you get bored with your SAM7SF, PM me! haha

Top Bottom