• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Has anyone applied for and received their LTCH in Henry County or a similar rural, agricultural county lately. If so, how long did it take from application to getting in the mail. I have a friend that just got his in Marion county and it took him 4 months before he got a denial, and another 3 months to get an appeal at which time the LTCH was issued. I hear the process is alot quicker in rural counties, and since I just happen to live in one:D About how long will it take?

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Don't know, but the timer doesn't start until you apply, so there's no sense in delaying.
    Im not delaying, Im going in a couple weeks to get everything filed, just wondering what kind of wait I'm in for. I have no criminal record BTW just a couple speeding tickets, but they are paid so I'm good.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Find out if your county has the L1 Identity Solution. If so, it cost $10.95 more (in Morgan County at least, with a lifetime application) and you could have it in less than a week. My girlfriend recently did the L1 Solution and had her permit within 2 days of sending the paperwork out. YMMV, good luck :ingo:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Find out if your county has the L1 Identity Solution. If so, it cost $10.95 more (in Morgan County at least, with a lifetime application) and you could have it in less than a week. My girlfriend recently did the L1 Solution and had her permit within 2 days of sending the paperwork out. YMMV, good luck :ingo:
    +1 on using that service. They called and wanted to know where the app was at, 30 days from start, called the Delaware county sheriff's office and it was setting on their desk. So then it got moving very quickly after the phone call that the state was waiting for the papers. Less than a week after the state received the papers. Delaware county says it could up to 90 days before they even send it to the state:rolleyes:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    It is processed by the state, your county doesn't matter, unless it takes you a while to get your local LEO sign off.

If you do L1 (digital prints) your time will be about 10 days, if not, 4 months sounds relatively accurate.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Just go and apply, be honest and respectful. Mine took about a month and its been awhile since I did the paperwork. I did mine in like 05. Here lately my brotherinlaw applied and got excepted and had his paperwork in less than a week. That is about the shortest time frame I have seen and that was only a couple of weeks ago in Muncie. Best of Luck and get that ball rolling.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i just did mine in henry county a couple of weeks ago. i applied on a wednesday, did electronic finger prints the next day and had it exactly 7 days later. they said if you do prints there then it will take 2 months. so electronic is the way to go. i just met a guy at the steve alfred inn on 3 to do prints. took maybe 4 or 5 min.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Im not delaying, Im going in a couple weeks to get everything filed, just wondering what kind of wait I'm in for. I have no criminal record BTW just a couple speeding tickets, but they are paid so I'm good.[/QUOT

This doesn't neccessarily make any difference. If some-one with a like name is on a denial list, you may be delayed while they straighten it out. I know people that are denied every time they get a background check to purchase.

Just another reason to get the lifetime and forget about it.

My brother got his first permit in 4 days. My first permit took 8 weeks. BOTH of these were before they started offering the electronic method and mine was years before my brothers.

Submit your forms and don't hold your breath. Try to forget about it. One day you'll look in the mail and go :rockwoot:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Im not delaying, Im going in a couple weeks to get everything filed, just wondering what kind of wait I'm in for. I have no criminal record BTW just a couple speeding tickets, but they are paid so I'm good.[/QUOT

This doesn't neccessarily make any difference. If some-one with a like name is on a denial list, you may be delayed while they straighten it out. I know people that are denied every time they get a background check to purchase.

Just another reason to get the lifetime and forget about it.

My brother got his first permit in 4 days. My first permit took 8 weeks. BOTH of these were before they started offering the electronic method and mine was years before my brothers.

Submit your forms and don't hold your breath. Try to forget about it. One day you'll look in the mail and go :rockwoot:
    Yep, and sometime even after you get your lifetime you will be denied a purchase anyway. Who knows why?

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    They have an L1 in New Castle but how do I go about using them. Do I just go to them pay them and they file the paperwork with the county and state?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    if you have a debit card then take it with you. you will do all of your paper work right there in the office at the sheriffs department. most of it will be done on a computer that is on the desk. the lady in the office will tell you what to do. its very easy. then you can pay your state fee's on the computer with your debit card as well. county will be paid to the lady at the desk. you pick your date for the electronic prints and where you want to meet and thats it.it only take a few minutes. dont worry.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Has anyone applied for and received their LTCH in Henry County or a similar rural, agricultural county lately. If so, how long did it take from application to getting in the mail. I have a friend that just got his in Marion county and it took him 4 months before he got a denial, and another 3 months to get an appeal at which time the LTCH was issued. I hear the process is alot quicker in rural counties, and since I just happen to live in one:D About how long will it take?

My fiance filled out the application online (ingov.com) for her lifetime LTCH. Prompted to schedule for digital fingerprinting, if your local LEA participates (can check that online as well), paid the state fee and fee for fingerprinting during the application process ( credit card/debit/e-check accepted although I believe the e-check may take longer). On the way home after fingerprinting, called local LEO who verified the application and fingerprinting had been submitted and he conducted his background check. We paid the local fee and waited. From the start of the process, took three wks+/- and a week of that was her fitting the fingerprinting into her schedule, dates to get the digital fingerprinting were readily available. Very positive experience and painfree. Sullivan County

Top Bottom