• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I am debating on sending my W german P226 slide to Robar for their NP3+ treatment and I wanted to ask those that may know...but once the slide is back on my gun since robar advertises "self lubricating" does the Sig's frame rails still need to be greased before shooting? Thanks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've never had a slide done, but do have a P229 with the guts done. It's slick, but I'd definitely still lubricate.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I've never had a slide done, but do have a P229 with the guts done. It's slick, but I'd definitely still lubricate.

By any chance do you know if having NP3 applied to the slide will cause the process of anodizing loss on the frame rails to be slowed down? I'm referring to how the pigment on a sig's rails will change color from black, gold, silver, to dull silver ect from use and having the slide's action rub on the frame rails.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    By any chance do you know if having NP3 applied to the slide will cause the process of anodizing loss on the frame rails to be slowed down? I'm referring to how the pigment on a sig's rails will change color from black, gold, silver, to dull silver ect from use and having the slide's action rub on the frame rails.

I don't. I can tell you TW25B reapplied every 500-ish rounds will keep the rails black for 50k+ rounds.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    "There's always time for lube!!!"

I don't have it on a pistol, but do have two AR-15 bolt carrier groups that are NP3 coated, and lube them just like I would any other. They are slick, but it doesn't hurt for them to be a little slicker.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Careful - Overlubing can be dangerous...
    My girlfriend used a whole bottle of Crisco on my waterbed mattress once and I launched off and busted my arm.

Best weekend I ever had.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I use to work for the USMS when. We could carry department approved guns (prior to the Glock 22 in 2002). The DUSM I worked with had his SIG P 220 45 slide Robar with the N3 (we both used Sig 220's in 45) and I personally didn't like it. Very very slick when racking the slide but like anything something one would get use to.

Good luck

Top Bottom