• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    The mouse is wrong. You are in my neck of the woods. The only flat out prohibition is the OLD, PRE-UNIGOV city limits. e.g. the inner city. Or anywhere IMPD used to patrol back in the day when IMPD and MCSO were both patrolling.

Outside of 465 is generally GTG as long as you can set it up safely. There are two ranges within earshot of Mills and Mooresville road, just south of where all the neighborhoods stop, for example.

Just expect push back and complaints from gunshy neighbors. Every spring I have to remind folks on Nextdoor that there are confirmed safe and lawful gun ranges nearby, and they are NOT going to be hearing some crime in progress as the weather warms up. :rolleyes:

IF you were correct, Mouseman, Marion County Fish and Game couldnt exist. :p
    Well thats makes me hopefull the house I am buying is on senour road. The picture is of the field behind the home and the general area. Of whats available to me that i can afford currently being able to shoot was something i really wanted. I can work with neighbors, well for the most part.
    After building a backstop do i need to have anyone come look at it? Should i call the precinct and let them know i will be shooting before doing so?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well thats makes me hopefull the house I am buying is on senour road. The picture is of the field behind the home and the general area. Of whats available to me that i can afford currently being able to shoot was something i really wanted. I can work with neighbors, well for the most part.
    After building a backstop do i need to have anyone come look at it? Should i call the precinct and let them know i will be shooting before doing so?
    That is very close to a house where guns were shot often. Build a proper backstop, don't do dumb things, shoot and have fun.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My only concern would be how long that will stay a corn field. That area has had a bunch of new subdivisions going up over the recent years. It will probably only be a matter of time.

As a kid I remember shooting at my Aunts place in rural Hendricks county. Nothing but corn fields all around. She had a bunch of old grain silos that were abandoned. Grandpa and I had a blast shooting them with his M1 carbine. She had an 80 acre farm out there that was sold in the mid 90’s. That area sure looks different now than it did then.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just looked it up. I thought you said SW. So disregard my comments about warehouses and new roads. Good luck!

Top Bottom