Questions for kayakers about tippecanoe river...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Hey guys, Me and my brother inlaw are taking a kayak trip this month and we picked the tippecanoe river as we heard it was ideal for this sort of thing. Were planning on traveling 30-40 miles throughout the course of three days. Does anyone know of a shuttle service that could take us back to our start location? We havent picked a specific place to start. Hoping to prevent having to drive two vehicles as were both from indy. Ive contacted riverside canoe rentals and they do offer shuttle service but only out to about 24 miles. Any help is appreciated.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You could probably park a vehicle at wolf's campground in Americus, then drive on up to your put in. You'd come out of the tippy into the wabash and have a 1/4 mile or so paddle upstream to the campground on the opposite bank. You'd only be driving one of the vehicles about 60 miles each way if you did that. I don't know of a shuttle service that would do that long of a shuttle.

http://www.wltc.org/

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm an old tippecanoe river rat from Pulaski county. We would normally have 2 vehicles, it's a pain after a long fishing float, but you don't have to have anybody on call when you get out. I would highly suggest starting North of Winamac so you get the Tippecanoe River State park in.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Ive contacted riverside canoe rentals and they do offer shuttle service but only out to about 24 miles. Any help is appreciated.

That might be the longest strectch. Two damns in Monticello. ;) Oakdale to Lafayette is about 15 miles or so.

You could probably park a vehicle at wolf's campground in Americus, then drive on up to your put in. You'd come out of the tippy into the wabash and have a 1/4 mile or so paddle upstream to the campground on the opposite bank. You'd only be driving one of the vehicles about 60 miles each way if you did that. I don't know of a shuttle service that would do that long of a shuttle.

Two damns in Monticello. ;)

Wolfe's Leisure Time Campground-Camp along Wabash River in Indiana

Two damns in Monticello. ;) You can leave your vehicle at the River Junction Ramp where the Tippy ends.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Were putting in at the Menominee access point and ending at the Tippecanoe state park. After doing a little research I found someone that would shuttle us back. As long as the weather cooperates it will be a great trip. Hope the fishing is good to or we may be a bit hungry.

Top Bottom