Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    main.php

main.php

My new Mossberg M590A1!:rockwoot:

Just got it out of Lay-A-Way and now I plan on doing a bit of customizing. First, I am getting rid of the SpeedFeed stock as I don't much like those. Gonna put a MagPul stock on it instead. Add a flashlight and mount and a sling plus I have a heat shield coming and finally one of those shell holders for the receiver. I went with the Marine Bayonet because they are better in every way. They come sharp and easy to get sharper. The bayonet also is a good fighting knife when not mounted on the shotgun too.

Eight rounds with one in the pipe for 2 3/4" shells and 3" shells only 7. It doesn't rate 3 1/2 inchers and I don't think it will see many 3's let along longer ones. Taking it out for some patterning and general break in shooting this week either tomorrow or Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing how well it shoots. Hope it is as good as it looks. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Looks good and the plan sounds even better. I think we are on the same page with the shells. I gravitate toward 2 3/4 inch 12 pellet 00, although Winchester has a shell I found to be interesting which features a foster slug backed up with 3 00 pellets in a 2 3/4 inch shell. That said, my thought is that an extra shot would do more good than turning the struck BG into slightly finer-ground burglar burger with a 3" 15 pellet load.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Nice!

I prefer the 0000 buck for 'close in' work and, of course, slugs for 'distance'. But that's simply a personal preference.

Good pick! :thumbsup:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I like the HeviShot #4 Frangible Buckshot rounds best. The buck shreds the bad guy but doesn't over penetrate the walls. They also have the same in 00 Buck but I prefer #4, a behive of 27 pellets of death. I will post the finished product as soon as it all arrives and I put it all on it too.

I have an 870 Marine Magnum as well and like it a lot, nothing wrong with the 870. I just couldn't find one with a bayonet lug and I sort of wanted to be able to fix bayonet to the new shotgun. :@ya:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I like the HeviShot #4 Frangible Buckshot rounds best. The buck shreds the bad guy but doesn't over penetrate the walls. They also have the same in 00 Buck but I prefer #4, a behive of 27 pellets of death. I will post the finished product as soon as it all arrives and I put it all on it too.

I have an 870 Marine Magnum as well and like it a lot, nothing wrong with the 870. I just couldn't find one with a bayonet lug and I sort of wanted to be able to fix bayonet to the new shotgun. :@ya:

I guess that I did forget that you live in town.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, wich I didn't but I am disabled and poor. I would love to find a wooded acreage with a little house on it that I don't have to mow but so far that hasn't happened.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That's nice! I shoot 00 buck shot, low recoil. That's what I keep in the tube. I have a 6 shell holder on the side. I keep 3 slugs and 3 00 buck shot. I can fire a round and then decide what I need on the next round. I can keep firing the 00 or pop in a slug. I like that!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    All done
    main.php

main.php

The barrel heat shied doesn't fit nor with a shell holder go on the receiver so those won't happen. That left what you see here and frankly, I like it too. I think the heat shield would have been cool but them's the breaks.

Top Bottom