• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can you point me in the right direction? I'm looking to get a decent shotgun with a light/sling/side saddle/etc...

I'd like to stay around $500-$600, this possible?

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I'm not sure on exact prices these days, but it's hard to go wrong with some variation of a Remington 870. There is no amount of money i would take for my 870 Marine Magnum.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Shotguns

I have carried and instructed 870's and Mossberg 500/550/590's since the 70's and they are quite serviceable for anything you want to do with a shotgun.....I know there is this constant argument between which of the two is better, but I have seen tens of thousands of rounds ran thru both brands during my career.....I own both....but either the 870 or the Mossberg will serve you well.

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    I would go with the Remington 870. There are a ton of accessories out there for it should you want to upgrade or change some things down the road. I also just like the feel of the 870 over a 500

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I have an 870 Supermag and an 1100 mag. I like 'em as they are, each set up for specific critters.

So much so that I am looking for another 870 to rig as an optics turkey gun. Don't want to drill and tap my old SM's receiver, so I'll just get another pre Cerberus Express and D&T it.

:)

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hard to beat a Remington 870 or Smith & Wesson M3000.

Lots of people making stuff for it. Get a used one, set it up how you wish a bit at a time.

That's probably what I will do, just need to find one in good condition. I'd like to make it all tactical looking. (as silly as that sounds)

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh I know, I've shot some with the pistol grip buttstock and like the way it feels but I wouldn't put anything else on it until after I played around with it a bit. But that is great advice.

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    I have a Savage 20 gauge model 220 with the accu trigger. I spent some money on a good scope and the right mounting for it. It ended up under $800. It is such a nice gun to shoot. Not as punishing as a 12 gauge, superb trigger, accurate to at least 150 yards and kills deer dead. The only down side to it is that is sort of a dedicated deer gun. You can't change barrels and hunt rabbits very well. I have used Remington 1100s (not that accurate with a smooth barrel but good on rabbits) and a Marlin 512 bolt action (poor trigger and lots of recoil). The Savage is way better.

Top Bottom