• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It looks like I waited too long to order from High Noon Holsters. I kept waiting for the P220 to show up in the list and I finally contacted them since they have the P226 listed. They are no longer selling Red Nichols' products. Google wasn't much help to finding out of he has a new retail outlet. Anyone know where you can buy them now?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I took it upon myself to track Red down. He's sorta-kinda-semi-retired at the moment but agreed to make me a holster and mag carrier. He is limiting his business until he gets a website up and running and irons out some various issues to get them imported, test fit, and then sent to the end user. He's retired to Australia, so he can't have real guns to test with and apparently its even a PITA to get pretend guns. He's taking some orders through an intermediary in the mean time but it sounds like a low volume operation at this point. He will deal directly with current LEOs and said I can put other officers into contact with him if they are interested.

Red was a behind the scenes guy in the holster industry for decades, has over 50 patents, and has designs still used by the big names today. If you google his name and "high noon" you'll see the line up he handcrafted for them for a few years. I'll do a review of mine once he gets it to me, which should be less than a month. Given lead times for many holster makers, that's fantastic, and I suppose one benefit to staying low volume.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's on it's way from Aussie land.

marshall%202_zpscfcwxcgw.jpg

marshall%201_zps7jm1ol5u.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Got it!!!!

Now check this out with the belt laid flat. It's not just cut straight and call it a day. It's got a curve built in so it actually follows the line of your hips by rising slight on both sides. That's attention to detail. I really dig the "dress belt" thickness up front and the "gun belt" thickness everywhere else, it'll wear fine for suits for work or for jeans off duty.

PA030027_zpstywkj6fr.jpg

PA030029_zpsok6gytlu.jpg

PA030032_zpsrjmn4pj9.jpg

The belt slots on the holster are cut so as to leave a lot of 'meat' around them, not just a big punch out. It makes it much more resistant to sliding around, even if you push slightly forward on the gun as you draw so it 'pops' forward as it clears. It also keeps the grip in tight but allows a full grip easily.

This is 100% by far the best OWB holster I've ever had. It's sexy, it's functional, it oozes quality, and I'm WELL satisfied I got more than my money's worth. Red's guarantee makes me chuckle a bit, but also shows how much he stands behind his work.

My holsters are guaranteed for normal use for the working life of its maker. During that time, if your holster is or becomes unsuitable to its safe use with your specified pistols, please send along proof of its destruction for a full refund.

Red's given me permission to pass along his contact info to any CURRENT LEO ONLY who is interested in ordering from him at this time. He's working on setting up a way to import more easily and open up to the general public, but at this point he must remain low volume and has settled on CLEO as his way to do that.

Top Bottom