• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I use H110 for my 44 Mag. because yes it is kind of the "standard" powder but it does have it's drawbacks....Under charging with H110 creates massive pressure spikes.

2400 is a very forgiving powder on the other hand and allows a lot more options.

I use 2400 for my 45LC due to the versatility of it.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Congrats on your SRH purchase..I at one time had this in a 9 1/2" version==What a handful...

Another GREAT, and much used Magnum powder is Alliant 2400.
    2400 powder is very versatile for loads that are from Mild to Wild...
    2400 also fills the case enough that you will not have a problem with overcharging a case. If you overcharge, it will run out of the top of the case..HA.HA..

I do not (at this time..HA.HA..) have a firearm in .44Spl./Mag. but I do have some "left over" tools and components.

Please PM me with a cell # that I can send you some pictures of some items and we may?? be able to deal??...Bill

I sent you a PM.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Are these for target or do you plan on hunting with them?

Both. I will punch some paper with it. I need to get some time behind the trigger. I will want to hunt with it too, primarily deer. I have been looking at Missouri Bullet Co 240gr cast bullets. Sounds like 2400 is a much better option. i understand Lil Gun is a good option too. With the state of ammo, reloading will be about the only way to get a bunch of trigger time. I just need to find some magnum primers.

Has anyone used titegroup for 44 mag? I see data is listed.

fender

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    southern indiana
    I have settled on 2 loads for my 44's.
    21 grs 2400, 240 Hdy xtp or lead swc. WLP primer and firm crimp added as separate step. Ruger and Smith likes this one but use only in Smith when hunting. Never checked but should be 1250-1450 fps
    10 grs Unique, 240 lead swc bullet. WLP primer and same crimp added after seating. Shoots good in both Ruger and Smith. Never checked but should be 1050-1250 fps has taken deer cleanly.

CCPLuvr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    240 gr JHP bullets pushed by healthly doses of VV N110 produced less than 3" groups at 100 yards out of my Smith 629 Perf Center revolver. I've got a couple loads using 265 gr and 300 gr wide flat nose, heat treated lead bullets burning VV N110 that would consistently hit clay pigeons at 150 yards. If I can load for it I do...

Top Bottom