• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Ive recently noticed that Remington has come out with their own 1911. Looks solid and the price tag makes it look even better. Ive always liked the 1911 and am almost to the point of being able to purchase one. Is anyone able to give any opinions on this gun?

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I have owned this gun for almost a year now. It has well over 1000 rounds through it at this point. I have not had a malfunction of any kind since the first day I bought it. And the malfunctions I had the first day were magazine issues. The gun has NEVER malfunctioned. I got mine for $610 NIB and I could not be happier with the purchase. IMO it's the best 1911 in the $600 range.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Thats what i would have expected out of remington. I love the 1911 and i love remington. Are the sights adjustable?

firek920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I have sold multiple R1911 and the only issue I have come across was a finish issue. Must of been made on Friday but Remington was quick with the issue and returned a brand new gun. Def a great gun to look at the fit alone is worth the coast.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I believe Remington also made 1911 models for both world wars. Like Colt Firearms not much of a gamble with that much experience and history.

Remington Rand was a part of Remington but from what I can tell was split off before they started producing 1911's during the WW eras.

In any case, I would not equate the Remington of today with anything that was produced during that era.

The new 1911's are likely fine guns, but its not really the same company.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I believe Remington also made 1911 models for both world wars. Like Colt Firearms not much of a gamble with that much experience and history.

Remington Rand was a part of Remington but from what I can tell was split off before they started producing 1911's during the WW eras.

In any case, I would not equate the Remington of today with anything that was produced during that era.

The new 1911's are likely fine guns, but its not really the same company.
    The WW 1911s by Remington were the typewriter company. Totally unrelated. And worth WAY more. ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The WW 1911s by Remington were the typewriter company. Totally unrelated. And worth WAY more. ;)

According to the all knowing Wikipedia (not!), they were originally part of the same company, but yes, the typewriter company was spun off well before the 1911 came into existence, and the WW era 1911's were produced by Rand rather than Remington Arms. Even Singer made 1911's back in the WW days... wouldn't be surprised if there were some Kodak 1911's ;)

" Remington Arms spun off Remington Typewriter Company in 1886, and after the 1927 merger, the Remington Rand Corp. continued to manufacture and sell typewriters."

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The standard GI configured ones I have looked at have seemed well fitted. The new R1's I have seen look like crap. They have ill-fitting sights, poor beavertail installation and uneven frontstrap serrations.

Top Bottom