• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    My old Remington 870 is taking shape as my go to HD gun... Surefire forend, 18" police barrel, composite stock...

Now looking for a quality mag tube extension... How much longer can I go without getting damage from shot leaving the barrel? +1 or +2?

Additionally, I would love some ghost ring sights! My receiver is drilled/tapped so I may to see a smithy to weld to the barrel, and drill/tap the rear sight. Any good recommendation or experiences from Central Indiana Smiths?

Chime in as you see fit.:patriot:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My favorite sights are Scattergun Tech's Trak-lock. They're pretty easy to install if you have a raised platform under the bead and a drill press. You can also send it to Wilson Combat, and they can do it for you.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Remmy? Smithy?? Why not go ahead and call it a shotty while you are at it... The 18" barrrel is not a "police" barrel but just an 18" barrel, if it has police stamped on it that just means it came from the model of 870 that they market as the "police" Hoplite out of Shepherdsville KY markets that model kn The Shotgun News every week. Ghost rings are nice and all but if you are using the shotgjn for Home Defense you will likely be just as well off with a bead sight. I have the 20" barrel on every 870 in my safe and they bave the rifle sights. With 1 ounce slugs they have been accurate to a little over 10( yards on deer for over 20 years now. The magazine extension can be picked up almost anywhere that sells firearm accessories a.d will be marked with the make, model and length of barrel. I would rather see you spend the cash on more ammunition and some good training. Maybe some snap caps for loading practice so you can become better at feeding your shotgun... Hang in there sunshine you will get the hang of it someday... ;-)

Top Bottom