Model: FR1245-2
    Price: $99.99 Retail [1]
    Max Weight: 900 lbs
    Color: Yellow
    Company url: Tricam Industries | "Innovation Shaping Our World."
    Company Item of product
    FR1245-2.jpg

About me: User level
    On a scale of 10 in terms of being a handy man I would consider myself a 3. I know how to use basic tools but really HATE it. I do have a basic low end battery power tool set (drill, saw) but am never trilled to use it. So whenever I see “assembly required” or “easy steps to build” I run like a little girl since I know it’s going to give me grief. I’m putting this out there so the reader has a baseline of how “easy” the assembly will be even for someone with little “handy man” skills.

Tools needed
    Wrenches
    combination-wrench-590rr033010.jpg

Mallet
    Number-IV-Carpenter-s-Mallet-145.png

or Hammer & Wood Block
    Pliers
    pliers.jpg

Assembly
    Some basic assembly is required but it was nothing hard (at least for me). When you open the box you see that the parts are all pretty basic.
    wagon_001.jpg

What I really liked and found easy and dumb proof is that the nuts/bolts/etc that you need are packaged in such a way that they are clearly labeled what parts you need for what step!
    wagon_002.jpg

Even better as one may see in the picture the package comes perforated so you only “open/take out” the parts you need for the step you are on and not have to worry about mixing the rest of the parts. This sure beats some of the packaging when they put all the nuts/bolts/washers in one bag and you have to figure out which one is which.

The assembly is done is nine steps and the instructions that come with the cart multiple pictures for each step along with English text as well. None of the steps require more than 2 hands to do. Looking at the image on the box also helps since some of the steps/pictures in the booklet being in black and white do require you to “think” how you are putting the cart together. Otherwise you end up putting some items in backwards so to speak.

wagon_003.jpg

You may need the mallet or hammer/wood block in step 4 and 5 when you attach the wheel frame assembly (front & back) to the bed of the cart. The holes are a bit tight and a couple soft hits with the mallet ensures that the bolts go in all the way and are flush with the bed frame. The instructions DO NOT say to use the mallet just to insert the blots into the frame but unless you apply some pressure they won’t go in all the way. Thus the mallet or hammer/wood block.

In step 7 when you add the wheels the nut for the wheel I think requires a 1” or greater wrench which I did not have. It’s a much bigger wrench then I have in my low end wrench set so I used pliers instead to tight the nut. No biggie as I’m not sure a 1” wrench would help as you screw the nut into the wheel there is no a lot of space left. A socket wrench I think would make the entire assemble faster.

It took me about 40 mins to build the item.

Final Product
    wagon_004.jpg

I bought this cart to load up all my range items (gun cases, ammo boxes, grill, targets, etc.) so that when I go to the range I load up the cart from the van and then just pull all my stuff to the tables/benches instead of having to do multiple trips back/forth from van to range area.

The company sells the same cart with a variety of max weight limits. 400 lbs for a green one which runs $64.99 at Mendards, 800 lbs for a red one (price unknown), 900 lbs for a yellow one (this one), and then they have industrial ones 1,200 lbs for a blue one (price unknown).

Yes those three little ones are no where near the weight limit for the cart but it gives you an idea of the size of the bed. The sides you can collapse down to make the bed frame bigger so to speak. It is very easy to pull and maneuver.

[1] Available at Menards for $69.99 until 26 JUN 11

Original thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._range_wagon_ie_utility_cart.html#post1945079

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom