• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    I'm looking for a soft case that has backpack straps on it for an AR15. Does anyone have links to what they use or is their a brand I should look at? Would like to stay under $75 if possible. Thanks

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I use a Voodoo tactical double rifle case and I really like it. It's got lots of room and I've actually had 4 rifles in it at once plus several handguns.

I really like the option to wear it as a back pack because I tend to load it up. But there are lots of configurations for how you can carry it.

IMG_9737_zpspbor7yj5.jpg

IMG_9733%202_zpsyhtglmx4.jpg

20160813_215136_zpsam5iomz6.jpg

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-28-...-molle-soft-rifle-case-padded-weapon-bag.aspx

I think I paid right around $90 at the Indy 1500 a few years ago.

Last edited:

Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    How much room does your AR have for the 42 inch bag? That's exactly what I'm looking for but I think it was a 36 inch bag online. I take it that it carries all the weight pretty well?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I would have to double check the size, but I believe I actually have the 46 inch bag. It's big. Sometimes too big. But better too big than too small.

My AR with 16" barrel doesn't come close to filling it up even with the stock fully extended. I have a new upper on the way with an 18" barrel and I'm sure it will fit in no problem. I could probably get a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 in it if I tried.

There are velcro straps on the inside to keep the rifles from moving around too much.

It's rock solid. Like I said, I pack it full. Once you start adding in loaded mags, ziplocks full of ammo, targets, handguns, etc. It can get cumbersome and heavy but it's held up very well. Stitching is very good. I generally only take it to the car, and then to the firing line. I haven't really hiked with it. If I did it would not be loaded up the way it normally is.

It has tons of straps to cinch everything down tight and you carry carry with the carry handle, strapped over the shoulder, as a back pack, one shoulder or two.

Inhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Clinton
    I found and bought a cheap one off eBay. I hope it last for atleast a few years. If not and I like it I will buy one of the name brand bags. I think mine was $49 shipped.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I second the Voodoo bag. But make sure which one you're getting. As mentioned, there are different sizes.
    Also different models. And some don't have the backpack strap.

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    Another vote for the Voodoo Tactical double rifle bag with backpack straps and an INGO patch! I was using it one day and someone liked it so much that they paid me more than the price of a new one for it. They just really wanted the one I had and wouldn't take no for an answer.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yep, this seems to be a trend, but I also have a Voodoo double-gun bag with the shoulder straps. I got the 46" digital camo to match my range bag.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013H3LHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have 2 of these bags and they are good to go. Plenty of pockets and the straps hold the guns nice and snug.

NcStar also makes a nice gun bag/rifle mat combo too. I think I paid $75 on eBay a few years ago. It has thick padding in all the right spots.

Top Bottom