• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBlueHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Noblesville
    Now that Indiana has a rifle deer hunting season this fall I am in the market for a new hunting rifle.
    Do you know of anywhere in this summer where their are any dealers that have factory shoots to try rifles and see what I may be interested in?
    I have not fired many hunting rifles before, so I would like to test fire some to see what feels and works the best.

I willing to travel to go to an event like this.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Check out the meet and shoots INGO does in the summer months. I think it is under events. Ask around and someone will most likely have the rifle or caliber your interested in. Buy some ammo and lunch and shoot away.

Another option might be the ISRA range in Bourbonnais IL. They have an open house in July I think. Its like a carnival where you buy a bunch of tickets and go to the vendor booth of your choice and give them your tickets for some range time on the gun you choose. They have a 300yard range and shoot smaller targets to simulate 600yrds.

Have fun and be safe!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'll be testing out several reloads that I've assembled for my Ruger M77 .30-06, hopefully this week on Thursday or Friday, so if you'd like to see how you like a quality bolt action chambered in that caliber, you're welcome to put a few of my reloads down range at no cost other than demonstrating your safety knowledge and the price of gas to drive to rural Henry County.
    I'm intending to shoot behind my brother's house into a huge farm field.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'll be testing out several reloads that I've assembled for my Ruger M77 .30-06, hopefully this week on Thursday or Friday, so if you'd like to see how you like a quality bolt action chambered in that caliber, you're welcome to put a few of my reloads down range at no cost other than demonstrating your safety knowledge and the price of gas to drive to rural Henry County.
    I'm intending to shoot behind my brother's house into a huge farm field.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^INGO at it's Best^^^^^^^^^^^

Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    I have a 30-06 and have kicked around the idea of a 300 blackout for a year or so now. I am a big fan of the AR-15 platform but for the moment since I already have a good bolt action and a pile of ammo for it, I will most likely stick with that. If you aren't already invested in a bolt action rifle and have an AR-15, you could consider a 300 blackout upper. With a 16 inch barrel and supersonic ammo, it is roughly equivalent to 30-30. I have two good friends building blackouts so I should get a chance to shoot those this summer.

Top Bottom