• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was wondering if this is a decent brand and company?
    My local gun shop carries this line, and UT says it's veteran owned. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?
    Optics, or mounts or rings?

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I've got a 1 TACTIX RRD on my AR and I've put about 500 rounds through it hasn't lost zero and works good fir what I paid for it. I've got another one I plan on mounting on a .22 when get around to it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Veteran owned...........pfffft.
    Most of their product line is Chinese made IIRC
    Upper end may be Japanese built.

I looked through some at a shop, was not impressed. The eyepieces were huge too.
    Dunno what reticles are all the rage now, don't shoot NRL22.

Hunting models I thought too bulky. But that was a yr or two ago, dunno if theyve changed their lineup.

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I got a pistol red dot for the 43x from Riton. Got it because it didn't need a baseplate adapter.
    I dropped it on my basement floor and while it didn't shatter, there were big cracks in the unit. I emailed them and asked if that would be covered under their warranty. They acknowledged normally it wouldn't be, they sent me a new unit anyway. I thought that was impressive of them.
    Dot seems to hold point of aim relatively well, but it doesn't hold up if you drop it on a concrete floor...

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    How was the mount?
    Is it made well? Solid etc?
    I mounted it on the picatinny rail with no issues, the mount is aluminum and tightened down pretty secure. The body appears to be built well and adjustments for zero were accurate for shot movement. I like the off/on/brightness control because every other click is off which means that you don't have to rotate it all the way around a specific place to shut it off.

bman940

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    N. Tx
    I have used several Riton Optics Red Dots and have not had any issues at all. 2 that are on PCCs have over 1000 rounds under them, and adjusting zero has not been needed. Riton's Contessa mounts are top-notch. They provide a solid lockup and do not need lapping. I am also using several of their entry-level mounts as well. I torque my rings to 18 inch/lbs and the base to 45 inch/lbs.

Top Bottom