• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    i just watched this earlier. i subscribe to this.
    Same concept as the compact xdm line the way i see it.
    Good idea if you have a glock.
    Dont know that im willing to do it to my 3.8 full grip but...

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    Would be great to conceal and use compact mags. Done properly you could still use the full size mag with the grip extender just like with the compacts. Could anyone in the area perform this mod to a full size M&P?

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Why cut up your gun, sooner or later the manufacturers will get the idea and produce one. IMHO too many mods can lead to unreliability, not what I want to bet my life on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Would be great to conceal and use compact mags. Done properly you could still use the full size mag with the grip extender just like with the compacts. Could anyone in the area perform this mod to a full size M&P?
    So let me see if I understand this... you'd cut down your grip and then put on an extended grip? :scratch:

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Geez Mister, can you even ski??

Not sure I get this at all. I'd like to see some real world test of him shooting the mod "faster"??

Not sure if I agree that a shorter grip and longer slide = more recoil control?? That just seems to go against the physics.

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    How to chop your Glock

Been doing it for years, and I was not even close to the first.

I love it. I chopped a G22, but I also have a 35 and 24, so if I want to go back to a full size grip I just swap it out. I have also carried the chopped grip on the G35 and loved that combination.

EDIT: For those who didn't click the link, I only chopped it to the G23 size grip

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Rob sporting the gray goat! Looks cool.

This mod isn't for me. I don't have a g26 because I don't like the short grip. I prefer a full grip. Since I OC 80% of the time, it's not an issue for me.

What I love about my Shield is I can CC and still get the benefit of a full grip. I do wish the barrel was a touch longer though.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    ya i dont know why its made out to be such a big deal that the pinky isnt on the grip on cmpct/scmpct guns. it shouldn't affect accuracy. I agree with hickok on that, even before i knew who he was. i understand preference, but it shouldn't matter when shooting esp with plenty of practice. jmho of course

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    IMHO: It seems silly to me to buy a gun, then cut the grip down. If the gun really needs to be improved, then perhaps another pistol might be what you need.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    I wonder why he would use a conversion kit on a carry gun? That doesn't sit well with me in the first place.

Top Bottom