• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Im starting to get my ducks lined up and am pricing material to get started reloading. As of right now im thinking of starting with the single stage rock chucker, then eventually moving up to the Dillon 550.

Was wondering if the excessories in this kit are worth purchasing, or should i buy the rock chucker and other stuff that comes with this kit, seperately?

Rock Chucker Supreme Single Stage Press Master Kit

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Even when I had a nice reloading room set up with progressive presses for metallic and shotshell reloading, I always had a couple of single station presses that stayed bolted to the counter. In my case it was a Redding BOSS and a Lee challenger, but the RCBS is a sturdy, dependable tool also.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Been loading for 40 years, still use the Rockchucker...the kit is a good deal to start with as you need all that stuff. Those progressive loaders are great ..but..get used to the single stage for awhile. Slow good quality ammo is better than a pile of crappy stuff on a progressive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Been loading for 40 years, still use the Rockchucker...the kit is a good deal to start with as you need all that stuff. Those progressive loaders are great ..but..get used to the single stage for awhile. Slow good quality ammo is better than a pile of crappy stuff on a progressive.

This is my plan ... i've heard nothing but good things about the Rock chucker, but i didnt want to buy this kit, then find out the accessories are of below average standards.

Thanks everyone

kenyo64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    I've hade mine since like 85 works today like it did when I got it.
    My kit had the 10-10 powder scale instead of 505 scale.
    Back then about $160 :D
    ken

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Liked the RCBS and supreme kit myself. I know of a guy who has a progressive and wishes he had bought the single stage. Later after getting the hang of things, then a dillion "no bs" warranty and progressive loader is very good.

iceman46222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If you can get it today 12-31-11 , you can get a $50.00 rebate & there on sale @ cabela's, Last day to day till midnight

Top Bottom