• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Hi everyone i am thinking about getting a rossi wizaerd pistol to go deer hunting with and want to know if anyone has had any experience with one and how accurate is it at 50 to 100 yrds also did it give you any trouble , i will mostly be shooting 410 in it .

thanks
    Marion

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Appears to me to be a clone of the beloved Thompson Center Arms Contender/Encore line.
    Rossi makes some fine firearms. I have no experience with the Wizard, but if it is like their other wares, you'll be happy with it.

Rossi matched pair single shot 410's are accurate enough out to 100 yards.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it is for deer hunting get the .243. The .410 is woefully inadequate for reliably killing deer. Look at some trajectory and energy charts and compare the .410 to any other legal chambering and you will wonder why it is even an allowed caliber for deer. Then drop the velocity and energy even more because of the shortened barrel and it is a non-starter for me! Why limit yourself? I don't even see that the wizard pistol is offered in .410, I only see .243 & 22-250.:dunno: That being said the .243 looks like it could be a reliable and fun deer taker!

POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Thank you for you comments and thoughts that being said i'll probably get one but they do make it in 410 and 45 long colts but i'll keep that in mind on the 243 .
    Marion

Top Bottom