• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gold738

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Does anyone know if the Takedown model can be outfitted with different barrels? This rifle intrigues me, but only if i can put a different barrel type on it.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Do not know of any replacement barrels yet for the take-down.All other replacement barrels use the standard wedge block system. Take-down uses a different system. Give it time someone will come out with one, they are always looking at new accessories for the 10/22. I would have one now if the stock barrel came threaded.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    Do not know of any replacement barrels yet for the take-down.All other replacement barrels use the standard wedge block system. Take-down uses a different system. Give it time someone will come out with one, they are always looking at new accessories for the 10/22. I would have one now if the stock barrel came threaded.

i overheard someone at the 1500 turn one down cause of the fact theres no aftermarket parts for it yet

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I got mine for $265 on black Friday!
    I picked one up on Black Friday. Went to Cabela's in Mi. Drove 2 hours one way, got there at 4:30 in the morning, they opened at 5am. The line was around the the building when I got there. I was standing on the loading dock. I was worried I would not get one. They came around with tickets while I was still in line. I did get one. I bet they had 50 of them. I got it for the black Friday price of 289.99 and take another 25.00 off for a new Cabela's card which I promptly cut up. I don't need another card. So that's 265. Was it worth a 7 hour round trip. I say yes, I would not have done a black Friday trip, but I had some work gift certificates that paid for the whole thing and I really wanted one of these take downs.
    I'm thinking about sending the barrel out and having it chopped to 16" and threaded. I'm about 85% on that. Or just wait until I can get one on the aftermarket side. Don't know if I can wait.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom