• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sinco0214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I'm looking to get a nice 22 for shooting targets any thoughts comparing the Ruger SR 22 and Walther 22?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I would personally go with the SR22, but I'm honestly more of a Ruger fan. Don't take what I say as gospel because I have no first hand experience with the Walther, but I believe I have heard that they can be a little picky with ammo, whereas from my experience and from other things I've read about the Ruger, it tends to eat anything. Plus if you ever have anything go wrong, Ruger will make it right.

j22in

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Indy West
    Anybody have trouble with the ambi mag release on the SR22? I handled one at Bradis last week and couldn't get the mag to stay in. Had to push mag release button in on opposite side to re-center it so the mag would stay in. As popular as they are, I'm guessing it was just a fluke.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I ordered a sr22 this weekend. Was informed it could be a long wait. Seems Ruger is way behind on sr22's & 1911's. My quote was $ 312. plus tax and s/h.

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I have not shot a Walther or the Sr22, but I have Ruger MKII that I have owned about almost 30 years. I can't even tell you how many of thousands of round I put through this gun. It has been flawless! My favorite gun to shoot!

Top Bottom