• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Why would LE be exempt? Wouldn't this awesome feature help investigate LE shootings and improve accountability?

Unless of course the legislature KNOWS this has nothing to do with preventing/solving crimes and only serves to eliminate the sale of handguns to the public.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why would LE be exempt? Wouldn't this awesome feature help investigate LE shootings and improve accountability?

Unless of course the legislature KNOWS this has nothing to do with preventing/solving crimes and only serves to eliminate the sale of handguns to the public.

Also the technology is not yet available. Thus LE departments would not be able to purchase firearms under the law.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Big problem with recruits. More that they have recruited college grads, the less the quality. Most kids use LE as a resume enhancement. They move on in five years. Are not tough enough to take the abuse from the streets or from superiors. Show up at interviews with their "agents" (helicopter moms).

SHOT Show: Police Officers Explain Why Millennials Make Terrible Cops

You will have to read the rest at the link I provided.

The article's not very well written, it starts off by talking about the short staffing due to the economy and things like layoffs etc. and departments were looking for grants to increase staffing, and then references a 2006 report on dwindling interest in the career. This may have been the case in 2006, the economy was better and perhaps people weren't looking so much into government jobs. The part about using it as a resume enhancement was talking about people leaving the swat team to move on to other positions. I find it hard to believe there is a relationship between college education and quality of recruit beyond anecdotal stories.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The article's not very well written, it starts off by talking about the short staffing due to the economy and things like layoffs etc. and departments were looking for grants to increase staffing, and then references a 2006 report on dwindling interest in the career. This may have been the case in 2006, the economy was better and perhaps people weren't looking so much into government jobs. The part about using it as a resume enhancement was talking about people leaving the swat team to move on to other positions. I find it hard to believe there is a relationship between college education and quality of recruit beyond anecdotal stories.

A few years back I was working out of Great Lakes NB. Some of the Recruit Division Commanders (Navy version of drill sergeants) were commenting on the quality of recruits. Did you know that three out of five recruits in the Navy had college degrees? And that has been the case for over a decade? Their complaint was that the kids could not handle the stress of Basic. Not the being yelled at or other mental challenges. Rather that their bone density was so low that they got stress fractures from marching! At least a third were being sent home due to low bone density issues. Good at academics but little physical activity as children.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Every gun manufacturer needs to follow Barret's lead and refuse to ship or service guns for the state government departments. When the police, national guard, etc. can't order guns any more guns, ammo or even get them serviced since you can't ship them back without micro stamping they will realize how stupid it is. What's good for the goose / citizen is good for the gander / government.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Every gun manufacturer needs to follow Barret's lead and refuse to ship or service guns for the state government departments. When the police, national guard, etc. can't order guns any more guns, ammo or even get them serviced since you can't ship them back without micro stamping they will realize how stupid it is. What's good for the goose / citizen is good for the gander / government.

Hard enough to get American mfgers to do that.
    How do you get the foreign ones to do that?

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Hard enough to get American mfgers to do that.
    How do you get the foreign ones to do that?
    One option is to have the largest gun rights organization explain to them that they will recommend a nationwide boycott. Might work might not, but those who support us will be supported by the gun owning Americans for some time to come. I still hold a grudge on smith and wesson for climbing in bed with the clintons when they tried to break the gun industry, and I still remember Taurus told them to pound sand. I don't know how much market civilian gun purchases are compared to the LE and military, but it might give them something to think about. I did not purchase a Smith and Wesson for decades and even then only when I learned they were sold to another owner.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    One option is to have the largest gun rights organization explain to them that they will recommend a nationwide boycott. Might work might not, but those who support us will be supported by the gun owning Americans for some time to come. I still hold a grudge on smith and wesson for climbing in bed with the clintons when they tried to break the gun industry, and I still remember Taurus told them to pound sand. I don't know how much market civilian gun purchases are compared to the LE and military, but it might give them something to think about. I did not purchase a Smith and Wesson for decades and even then only when I learned they were sold to another owner.

I still don't own a S&W, the above left such a bitter taste, I still haven't seriously looked at one even though they were sold. I have Colts, a Kimber and many other firearms but no S&W. Seriously doubt I will ever own one!

Top Bottom