Ruger BX-25 Magazine for the 10/22 is a winner!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I hope this isn't a re-post, did a search and didn't see anything. I just got back from doing a little shooting and took with me 2 BX-25 Ruger magazines for the 10/22. All I can is why did it take Ruger so long to come out with them?

I fired 125 rounds through each, (5 reloads) and not one jam or FTF. Functioned perfectly! I gave $30 a piece from the Ruger store so they are competitive with the better aftermarket mags but unlike some of them these functioned 100 %.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Sorry to say but I don't really think 125 rounds is enough to say anything..

Normally I would agree but I have several aftermarket mags for the 10/22 and not a one would go that long with out a FTF. Most will not make it through one full mag without a FTF even a Tacticalinc, which was is one of the better aftermarket mags, would have the occasional FTF and never made through 125 flawless rounds.

When you compare the feeed lips the BX-25 is identical to the standard rotatory 10 ruger mags, the Buttlercreek, Blackdog and Tacitcalinc that I have to compare all have slight variations in the height and angle from the original. I think it's safe to say that's why the BX-25 functions so well when compared to the others even when shooting cheap bulk ammo, (Federal from Wall Mart) .

As far as durability goes I don't know but they seem well made, fit prefect and easy to take apart to clean, (I had to see since Ruger claims it is). Time will tell on that on but I just handling and shooting with them I have a feeling they will hold up.

If you have an aftermarket mag that functions properly in a 10/22 that cheaper that $30 let me know, I'm always looking mags.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    man I was halfassedly looking for one of these at the show. I stopped by the 21st century booth and handful of times through out the day and never saw them. Reminder to self: quit bs-ing with rob and actually look at the table! ;)

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    man I was halfassedly looking for one of these at the show. I stopped by the 21st century booth and handful of times through out the day and never saw them. Reminder to self: quit bs-ing with rob and actually look at the table! ;)
    Yeah...we have at least a dozen. They were on the blue rack. Situational awareness, man!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have over 1k threw both of mine...not a 1 FTF or jam....A+++++...

nxjsec.jpg

Gibson90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I bought two the week they came out. Got about 1000 rds through them and they have ran flawlessly!

Top Bottom