• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    wanting to find out if weak springs on the operating rod would cause slide to lock up in the open position. Just cleaned pistol as i normally do went to the range and fired 2 rounds of my normal ammo and slide locked open. only thing i can see is the slide is riding to far back and engaging barrel lug?? any one else ever had this issue with a ruger, i have 2 95's and never had this happen before????

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I would look into the slide lock.

Weak operating springs have nothing to do when the slide locks open, unless it is not locking open as if on an emply mag.

It sounds more like the slide lock is not disengaging properly for a loaded mag. I would try to disassemble and reassemble and try again. Or look into the spring for the slide lock.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Are you using factory mags? Try it with a different mag if you can. When it happens, does the slide release lever go up, holding the slide back or does it get caught on something else?

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    it locks back with or without a mag and goes behind the slide lock a 1/8th inch or so and binds up, i put my other operating rod and springs in from my other 95 and it doesnt do it so i am figuring i need to get new springs from ruger or unless wolf makes a heavier spring??

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    thanks to all for the info, found the exact problem, barrel had a slight bulge right after chamber and was hanging up on end of slide, guess i will get a new barrel from ruger.

Top Bottom