• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DriverAndrew

Marksman
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Columbus
    I've owned DPMS and found it to be good, but my buddy went out last week and put an Omni-ATI AR on layaway at Rural King. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about those rifles, good or bad. I did notice that because they have no sights at all, that the price of $439 is deceptive.. After buying even the cheapest ebay china cast BUIS the price will be closer to $500, but a good set will take the price much higher.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tell your buddy to back out of the layaway and get his money back.
    Those Omni Hybrids are polymer lowers that are known to break.

Omni= P.O.S.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The Omni lowers work out great for a 22lr build, but I don't know if I would trust it long term with a centerfire. I built up a 22lr that came in at 2lbs 14oz with iron sights and no magazine.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Against my advice a guy I knew bought two of them because of the price for himself and his son. I had to pull the BCG completely apart extractor and all and clean it before it would even run, his son had to do the same thing. I highly recommend staying away from them! For a hundred or two hundred bucks more you can have a nice PSA rifle.

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    My experience has been completely different with my ATI Onmi. I've put close to 2k rounds through it without a single issue including a range session with a buddy where we put 300 rds down range as fast as we could pull the trigger and change mags and it ran flawlessly using a mix of cheap ammo. I do make sure to keep it cleaned and lubed and always inspect for damage after shooting it.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Against my advice a guy I knew bought two of them because of the price for himself and his son. I had to pull the BCG completely apart extractor and all and clean it before it would even run, his son had to do the same thing. I highly recommend staying away from them! For a hundred or two hundred bucks more you can have a nice PSA rifle.

Just out of curiosity, what was the issue with the extractor that would prevent it from running? Did you have to add a viton o-ring or something? Or was it an assembly issue?

Top Bottom