• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    Anybody know much about the S&W 44-40? I purchased this gun from a friend a few years ago for almost nothing ($200) around Christmas when he needed a little extra cash. It only has 50 rounds through it (only 10 by me). Seems like a good solid gun. Didnt know if anyone else on here had one and if so what they thought of it. It's obviously not something that I would want to carry on a daily basis, it is pretty big and heavy. Thanks

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anybody know much about the S&W 44-40? I purchased this gun from a friend a few years ago for almost nothing ($200) around Christmas when he needed a little extra cash. It only has 50 rounds through it (only 10 by me). Seems like a good solid gun. Didnt know if anyone else on here had one and if so what they thought of it. It's obviously not something that I would want to carry on a daily basis, it is pretty big and heavy. Thanks

If it is in nice shape, you stole it.

In 1986 the Texas Independence Association wanted to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Texas Wagon Train. Smith and Wesson produced a very unique 5" blued revolver, named the model 544 this was chambered for the 44-40 WCF cartridge. The presentation case is made out of a gray wood and the lid has several logos embossed on it. The revolvers side plate has the Wagon Train logo and the barrel is roll marked "1836 TEXAS 1986". The grips are smooth presentation Goncalvo Alves. 4,782 were produced.

golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    Its in mint condition, came in a wooden commemorative box lined in blue felt, only been out of the box to shoot. I like it, just wondered what others who have this model thought about it. Here is a pic. (assuming it works).

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Its in mint condition, came in a wooden commemorative box lined in blue felt, only been out of the box to shoot. I like it, just wondered what others who have this model thought about it. Here is a pic. (assuming it works).

IMG_0169.jpg

Let's just say I would buy it from you for $201 so you could make a profit!

I imagine it shoots a lot like the S&W 44 Special and that is a nice soft shooting cartridge.

golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    He actually wanted to borrow some money for Christmas and just offered up the gun as collateral until he paid me back, and just never wanted it back. I've offered it back to him a few times and he said he just doesnt have an interest in it anymore.....Good thing, I didnt really want to let it go.

Top Bottom