• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hey, looking for opinions. My nephew is looking for a .357 snubbie. I have the S&W Model 60, which he enjoys shooting, but he also likes the Ruger SP101. Anyone own both, or have owned both at one time who can share thoughts as to how they compare to each other?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Hey, looking for opinions. My nephew is looking for a .357 snubbie. I have the S&W Model 60, which he enjoys shooting, but he also likes the Ruger SP101. Anyone own both, or have owned both at one time who can share thoughts as to how they compare to each other?

Both will shoot dead on in the right hands. The Model 60 will have the better trigger of the two out of the box, but the SP-101 is the easier of the two to work on to get a better trigger.

Both will make you dizzy with aftermarket grip options, but the Model 60 will likely have a few more available.

The model 60 has a better (adjustable) rear sight, and both have an easy front sight to replace.

The SP-101 is arguably the stronger of the two, as it has no side plate cutout in the frame, but neither is likely to fall apart in a couple of lifespans.

Get the one that feels and shoots the best for the gun's owner.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    ^^^THAT^^^
    My sp101 is built like a cast iron head on a friggin' battle ship. I doubt it could be destroyed by any means other than throwing it into Mount Doom in Mordor, where it was forged. If I didn't care about the finish, I would be comfortable hammering nails with it.

Top Bottom