• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I have a S&W 67 38 Combat Masterpiece. My great grandfather purchased it, he died. My grandfather inherited it, he died. My dad inherited it, still alive but now I have it.

I am trying to find the value of this gun. I am finding prices all over the place. I can't seem to find a comparable gun for sale to compare it to. I figured I would try here and then maybe an S&W forum.

From what I know.... My great grandfather bought it and a box of cartridges and shot it, he placed it in his dresser and thats where it stayed. It hasn't been shot by anyone else. We are pretty sure that the box of S&W 38's with 12 missing is the box he purchased with the gun.

Let me know if you can help with a value!

thanks

[

Last edited:

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    That gun would likely go for 575.00 on Gunbroker plus shipping. It is a great gun but being in 38 spl only reduces what one would pay for a 357 just like it.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That gun was manufactured in 1973(by SN#) and isn't unusual or rare.
    It would have way more value to you because of it's history. But it would be a desireable piece because of it's condition as best I can tell in pictures.
    Hope you are just asking out of curiosity and don't sell it with it's history in your family.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    S&W's Blued model 15 and stainless 67's are great guns. I used the blued Model 15 in the USAF for over 5 years. Everyone should have one!

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    I was thinking using it for a partial trade for a luger. My dad has always wanted one. It has no sentimental value to my dad. I like it because of this history. However I don't think the value is high enough to do anything with. I will just go load some 38's this weekend and shoot it!

thanks for all your help

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was thinking using it for a partial trade for a luger. My dad has always wanted one. It has no sentimental value to my dad. I like it because of this history. However I don't think the value is high enough to do anything with. I will just go load some 38's this weekend and shoot it!

thanks for all your help

Warning.....If you shoot it I don't think you will want to trade/sell it. those revolvers are ADDICTING with how great they are to shoot unless you have no interest in revolvers or learning how to shoot them (there is a technique).

Wish I had your troubles on this one LOL!

Top Bottom