• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok I have a saiga 308 which I love, one of my favorite guns. Here is my question for those of you who are almighty know everything about guns crazy people I love ya. This is a tension spring/ buffer question. Last year I was shooting the saiga 308 and had two instances where the bolt carrier group got stuck in the open position and then I had to give it a nudge forward to cycle another round. Never had that happen. ?????

Some things I was thinking this could be"
    1. I was using German surplus "silver" jacket ammo. Could have been higher pressure ammo?
    2. Need a stronger recoil spring?
    3. Need a better recoil buffer? It already has a metal buffer.
    4. Both 2 and 3.

Thanks

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Make sure the slots cut in the top of the receiver don't extend too far forward. The only time I've seen the issue that I think you're describing was with a Bulgarian AK-74. The bolt carrier would occasionally hang to the rear when firing... when pulling the charging handle to the rear it was possible to wiggle the carrier enough to get the leading edge of the carrier to come up enough to catch on the front edge of the slot that is cut in the top of the receiver that allows the bolt carrier to be removed. Issue was "solved" by using the kind of buffer that goes between the spring and the steel part you depress to remove the cover... it was thick enough to keep the bcg from going back far enough to try and jump out.

That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it! ;-)

gunslinger762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ya that is kinda what I was thinking, it either needs more tension on the spring or a better buffer. I have not seen where you can get a stronger AK 308 spring yet, and buffers I have seen do not specifically say they are designed for anything but standard AK. I am sure I am going to try a buffer, but if someone knows anything else, holla back!
    Thanks for the reply mammynun!

Top Bottom