• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Might as well pick one up for that price. Gunbroker has some unconverted for over $900. Pure sillyness if you ask me.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    SilentWarrior -

A couple of thoughts for you... The 20's would seem to be a nice middle of the road choice. Here's why I would reconsider (in spite of thinking that the 20 would be awesome to shoot).

1) A lot of the legal issues that are being thrown around could potentially affect both the 20 and the 12. Both bores are bigger than .50 Not saying that it WILL affect them, but if 12's are affected, then 20's will likely be as well. .410's by definition, will likely not be impacted.

2) Both the 410's and the 20's have less aftermarket parts made for them than the 12's. This is just due to the fact that there's a crap ton of 12's - and accessories follow the bigger market.

Based on these two things, if I was going to use one of the lighter gauge Saigas, I'd lean towards the 410 over the 20. They have the advantage of being cheaper as well. 15 rounds of 410 vs 12 round s of 20 guage = = dead zombie either way... (grin)

That said, grab what you want - and blast away. Hard to go wrong in Saiga-ville!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Until the schmucks at the BATFE get to work.... :D

Actually, I wasn't aware of the 23 round drum - who makes it?? I was just going on the stick mags (and only the one's that I'd trust).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Unfortunately, this batch of Saiga-12s is gone (got 5 in; they lasted about 3 days); we do still have a couple -20s and -410s in, though.

We will try to get more -12s in, but they are an allocated item with our distributors, so I don't know how many we'll be able to get or when.

Interestingly, this batch was still "old stock" that had been previously imported by another company; their markings had been ground off and the Legion USA markings were added on the opposite side of the receiver.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    We got 2 in today, good lord they are pricey tho.

Our cost has tripled on these in the last few years.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Until the schmucks at the BATFE get to work.... :D

Actually, I wasn't aware of the 23 round drum - who makes it?? I was just going on the stick mags (and only the one's that I'd trust).

Alliance Armament makes a drum. It isn't cheap but it should run pretty good.

I'm kind of wanting a Saiga in .410 or 20 gauge that will be for fun or for newer or smaller shooters. If I got a 20, the drum would be for shooting clays kind of fun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Aces Guns in Hawesville KY, just across the river from Tell City, has one in for $649. They also have a promag 20 rd mag in for $119 (ouch on the mag price!).

Top Bottom