• ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Savage Axis Heavy Barrel

Just wondering if anyone on here has one or has shot one. Was thinking of getting one in 243 to play around with. For less than $400 bucks their very tempting.

Last edited:

Ford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Danville
    I currently have two Savage heavy barrel rifles.
    And started with one about 18 years ago, was a model 110 in 300win mag. While I don't have that one any more, didn't care for the recoil, it was a nice rifle. It had a nice 26" heavy barrel that had a nice crown, I did not like the synthetic stock but could not afford what stock I wanted to upgrade it to. We were shooting those across a couple fields and it did just fine. Like you said, I think I paid $360 for it.
    Now I have a model 10FPSR in 308, it has oversized bolt knob threaded heavy barrel 22", again a synthetic stock I didn't like, was able to get a Manners T4
    and put on it, like it a lot.
    My other is a stainless heavy barrel mk2 22lr fancy wood thumb hole stock I like it a lot also.
    A thing I like about the Savage brand they have the safety on top in the middle, like my Mossbergs.
    A thing I don't know if I like yet are the accu triggers, they shoot nice for me, but I perferr simple.
    This has been my experience with the brand and I don't see anything wrong with them. I will be buying a left handed version of my mk2 for my youngest son here soon.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We currently shoot various Savage M10 & M12 rifles in .17 Fireball, .204 Ruger, and .223. All but one of them have heavy barrels and all of them are 1 MOA guns.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My fault guys It ment to say savage "Axis" heavy barrel lol. Ill probably start another thread with the correct title. If the mods could close this one, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom