• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I just bought a model 93 in 22mag. Took it out today to shoot and wasn't the happiest with it. Accuracy wasn't what I hoped. I wasn't looking to stack round but I was at least hoping to hit pop cans. And then the magazine will not hold the rounds. The spring just launches them right out. Has any one else had a problem? I am just using iron sights. I have another 93 in 17cal which I love and had no problems.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thats really strange to hear. I have the same gun but the FV version and it is an absolute tacdriver! Here is a pic of the groups I shot out of it the last time I had it at the range. What ammo are you using? Mine for some reason only like CCI maxi mags, it doesnt have the same accuracy with other ammo. Never had that problem w/ the mag, contact savage an they will send you a new one free of charge. stick with it bud they are a nice rifle.

22mag.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ammo

What ammo are you using? Lots of rimfires are pretty picky about their diet. All of the WMRs I've owned have had expensive tastes. They seem to like the 30 & 33 gr ballistic tip loads.

Call Savage about the magazine. They will probably make it right.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Using CCI Maximag just regular plinking ammo. Went to savages website looks like i'll have to wait till Monday to call.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just got around to calling Savage. After being on hold for 20min I got a new magazine shipped free. Hopefully it'll be in sometime next week. Got some new ammo to try so hopefully that will help with the accuracy issue.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    And I did not realize that my rifle was made in Canada. My 17 model 93 FV is made in america. Just thought that was weird.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a pre-accutrigger 93 BVSS, very accurate out to 100yds with Remington 33gr ballistic tip ammo. Usually 1 MOA but it is very ammo picky, doesn't like CCI at all.

Top Bottom