• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    i guess i was breaking a rule....good thing about this place is there is always someone waiting to jump on your *** about it :)

security.jpg

Last edited:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Dont advertise your WTS/WTT outside the Classifieds.

Oh yeah, WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH "GENERAL FIRERMS DISCUSSION" ? Its a couple creeper-cams...... Doesnt shoot lasers, rockets, RPG's or anything else cool... Leave it in the "For Sales."

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    :mods:

On a side note, how's the quality on this system? They would be beneficial to people in apartments as I am for now, but I would like them to be sufficient in the dark as well.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    HOW TO INSTALL A SOUTHERN STYLE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of size 14-16 men's work boots.
    2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazines.
    3. Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
    4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba,

Me and Marcel, Virgil, Erra, T-Bone and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo and a gallon of sweet tea. Be back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls. They got the mailman this morning and messed him up bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back.

Cooter

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    HOW TO INSTALL A SOUTHERN STYLE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of size 14-16 men's work boots.
    2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazines.
    3. Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.
    4. Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba,

Me and Marcel, Virgil, Erra, T-Bone and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo and a gallon of sweet tea. Be back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls. They got the mailman this morning and messed him up bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back.

Cooter

:rofl: ...this is great!
    Thanks for the laugh.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ummm, buy a light bulb and turn on your outside lights.

It's not as if home security has to be elaborate. Lock your doors, turn on an outside light, and, according to Malcolm X turn on a bathroom light.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ummm, buy a light bulb and turn on your outside lights.

It's not as if home security has to be elaborate. Lock your doors, turn on an outside light, and, according to Malcolm X turn on a bathroom light.

Guys in Apartments don't have that privilege though. I don't live in a "cheap" apartment by any means, but that does not mean bad guys stay away. The parking areas seem to be a favorite for smash and grabs. A couple of our windows directly overlook where we park so pointing the cameras out to the cars could possibly allow us to identify those who keep smashing windows or at least tell us if they seem to live in the community. There are certain inherent advantages and disadvantages (as far as security goes) to either living in a house or apartment, but for now I prefer the flexibility of the apartment and no maintenance to worry about personally.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Never had a Burglary, house, condo, apartment, where the lights were on. Sometimes they even break in and disable the lights so they cannot be turned on.

To paraphrase Malcolm X, just leave your bathroom light on and you'll keep your stuff.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Can you as a tenant ...

... keep a couple of geese in your yard? Teach the Rotts to tolerate 'em. Many midnight shoppers are very afraid of what they don't know. Maybe name your geese "Al" & "Jesse." (Capone & James. EBG)

Top Bottom