• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As I see it, my upbringing had plenty of problems. Others here were worse off than I was. We took ownership of our lives and managed well enough. We certainly didn't use it as an excuse to claim we didn't have any choice but to kill the people around us just because they were available.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE FROM INGO INCLUSIVENESS SME / CERTIFIED DIVERSITY DISCUSSION FACILITATOR:

It is ok and encouraged for white people to have feelings of unpleasantness and awkwardness in discussing this topic. It's good & part of the process. Please share.

Pizza will be here at 5.

(Yes, Printcraft...you will get 0.1 Continuing Education Credits per page-read...*sigh*)

:coffee:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    As I see it, my upbringing had plenty of problems. Others here were worse off than I was. We took ownership of our lives and managed well enough. We certainly didn't use it as an excuse to claim we didn't have any choice but to kill the people around us just because they were available.

They aren't killing them because they're available. They're killing them over drugs and drug money.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    My only guess is that as the racial tensions continue to rise in this country, police have less and less reason to want to keep the peace in those areas for fear of ending up in prison.

Since people tend to self segregate, and poverty usually finds company thanks to uncle sam, it becomes a bit of an unworkable problem.
    It feels like any projected solution to the problem sounds racist even if it's with the intention of helping people, which further complicates seeking solutions.

If uncle sam would stop condensing poverty into small geographic areas and distribute it more evenly, I think a lot of the problems would start to solve themselves organically. I think it's falsely framed as a racial issue, just due to circumstance.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The reactions to urban poverty and rural poverty are not remotely the same. Only one of those can be turned into a vote factory (whether actual ballots are cast or not).

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The reactions to urban poverty and rural poverty are not remotely the same. Only one of those can be turned into a vote factory (whether actual ballots are cast or not).

Exactly. Look at how many commercials there were this year, by black celebrities and athletes encouraging everyone to get out and vote. Of course they had to say "everyone", but we all know it was directed at black people.
    I vote in every election myself.
    This election was a well orchestrated coup by the media and our corrupt Government, now we can all stand by for whatever will come from President Harris.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It'd go just the same way if rural poor whites were important in flipping a state.
    That's really a problem with the game, not people.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It'd go just the same way if rural poor whites were important in flipping a state.
    That's really a problem with the game, not people.

Agreed. Which is why I said earlier that it was more about politics than race.

If your party is focused on the poor vote it is invested in keeping most people poor. You just focus your efforts where the most votes are.

Top Bottom