• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    Been thinking about getting a shavette. I have many DE blades that could be snapped and used in the shavette. Also, I wouldn't have to get a strop and other items for a traditional straight razor. The Dovo gets really good reviews and originated the shavette concept, but they use a proprietary blade (which is NOT a DE blade).

Any experience??

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    The best bang for the buck shaving system I've found is the Gillette Guard sold mainly in India. I buy my refills off ebay from Indian sellers. Delivery can be fast or take a few weeks. But buying 100 allows for plenty of reorder time.
    I buy from sellers with lots of transactions and high ratings.
    It's a single blade, replaceable cartridge setup. DE shaves are very nice, but tend to drag me into the rabbit hole of creams, soaps, equipment, etc.
    Multi-blade cartridge razors are dead to me. Big promises, but expensive and short on delivery.

For a daily driver, single pass razor at a great price, The Gillette Guard.

Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    Thanks for the opinion blain, but trying to keep this thread on shavettes. All I use are DE razors, I already have several DE razors and several hundred DE blades. This is one of the reasons for a shavette, I can "snap" a DE blade in half and use what I already have.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I tried an el cheapo model once and the blade always needed to be reset in the holder because it didn't hold it well at all.
    I've seen much nicer ones that appear to be quality made but never tried one. I found a quality straight razor that was in decent
    shape and cheap at a gun show then sent it off to be professionally sharpened. You can use a leather belt for a strop.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Check out shavenation.com I’ve ordered from him several times, always arrived fast, so no worries about it being a scam or anything.

Top Bottom