• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Shield is a classic example of what can happen when the price is right. The price at 399 was a heck of a deal on a gun that small with great feel. Now if you're paying close to 500, you are getting out of the whole bang for your buck. I rather have a gen3 Glock for that price.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Shield is a classic example of what can happen when the price is right. The price at 399 was a heck of a deal on a gun that small with great feel. Now if you're paying close to 500, you are getting out of the whole bang for your buck. I rather have a gen3 Glock for that price.

Yup, got mine at the low price before everything went crazy.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Yep, the Shield was intended to compete with other guns in that size/weight/caliber profile – the Kel-Tec PF9, Ruger LC9, Beretta Nano and Kahr CW9/40. At the ~$400 price, it can do that well. At ~$500-600, not so much.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    So have you guys been getting them in fairly regular at Bradis or any other Indy shops? I have been on a wait list and supposed to be #1 for a good bit now on a 9mm at a shop. Starting to think I would be better pulling my money to something else as it seems a lot of shops keep getting them in but no luck for me yet.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yup. In my opinion, the m&p shield and xds are 100% comparable. The xds isn't a better gun and isn't going to be more reliable, feed better, etc... It's just personal preference.

The difference is that the xds is about $150 more expensive, and you don't really get anything for the extra $$$.

That's why the shield has been such a hit. It's an awesome gun, and it's super affordable. That's why it's sold out everywhere.

If Springfield would get it together and get the price down to a competitive level, the xds would be just as popular in my opinion.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So have you guys been getting them in fairly regular at Bradis or any other Indy shops?

No. Up until we got this shipment in for Customer Appreciation Days (we had to pull some strings with our S&W rep to get it done), we hadn't seen a 9mm Shield in a couple months. The .40s had been trickling in, but only enough to keep the waiting list fairly short.

In the last few days, I've been offered a couple 9mms and .40s from other distributors, but I don't see that as an indicator of anything other than S&W has recently released a batch of them into the distribution chain.

Top Bottom