• ...and so much more!
  • Ty Webb

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2023
    Central Indiana
    While on a little Travel Sports trip out of state recently, had some time to kill and found a great deal on a couple new pistols. The FFL shop didn't have them in stock and is ordering them in. They have the info for my local FFL here in Indiana to ship them to. My question is this:

Can the FFL I bought them from just have them shipped directly to my local Indiana FFL or do they have to go to the selling FFL out of state and then they have to ship them to the local FFL I use for transfer/background here in Indiana?

Just wondering since it would save them some shipping costs (which were free to me in the purchase) and save me me some time on receiving them?

Thanks in advance on any informed and educated expert answers...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You'd have to literally discuss that with the place you're buying from.

But I'm not sure why a shop would have their distributor pick out 1 or 2 items special from an order/shipment and have them shipped separately to another FFL that they may or may not have a relationship with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m going to make an educated guess and say no.

First, many dealers buy a pallet of product to save shipping.

Second ATF recordkeeping. I’m pretty sure the shop buying it is responsible for it getting logged properly. Can’t guarantee that will happen at the other FFL.

Plus the distributor sold it to the other shop. So it needs to go into that shops bound book before it’s transferred to your shop.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Can the FFL I bought them from just have them shipped directly to my local Indiana FFL or do they have to go to the selling FFL out of state and then they have to ship them to the local FFL I use for transfer/background here in Indiana?
    It's called a drop ship, and distributors do it quite often. The FFL you purchased them from would be best to ask. I can order a firearm and have it drop shipped to another FFL from some companies but not all.

Patrick Comer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While on a little Travel Sports trip out of state recently, had some time to kill and found a great deal on a couple new pistols. The FFL shop didn't have them in stock and is ordering them in. They have the info for my local FFL here in Indiana to ship them to. My question is this:

Just wondering since it would save them some shipping costs (which were free to me in the purchase) and save me me some time on receiving them?

Thanks in advance on any informed and educated expert answers...
    I have done FFL transfers before when the gun was purchased from Buds Gun Shop in KY., but it was shipped from Sports South in La., and sent to me in Indiana. I think it could happen in your case, but thats up to your seller I guess.

Top Bottom