• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I am planning on going to ShivWorks ECQC this fall. I am trying to talk my wife into going also. She is very nervous. Worried she wouldn't be up to do it with everyone. She doesn't want to feel like everyone is taking it easy on her because she is a girl.

The only class she has taken is Shay's Intro to FoF and Dynamic FoF. I am trying to get her to a live fire class first. Maybe something from Sherrif Campbell's class. We are busy the weekend of Paul Gomez's class.

Do you think she would be ok taking ShivWorks ECQC?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Do you think she would be ok taking ShivWorks ECQC?

Yes, the class is very physical, but I didn't find it overly technical. She definitely won't need a high level of marksmanship skills to attend. It's based on Craig's 0-3 foot gunfighting expertise and it is was almost exclusively shot from position 2 when I took it years ago.
    It is the kind of class where you get done with a huge smile on your face and a some bumps and bruises to show for your hard work.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Physically, she will get out of it what she puts into it. If she goes all out, she will be sore, tired and bruised. But better trained.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    She will do fine at ECQC. It is mentally & physically challenging but, ultimately, very, very rewarding.

For the record, the only time I bled in two years of teaching ECQC with Craig was at the hands of a female student.

She smashed a Glock 17T into the top of my head through the gap in the crown of a FIST helmet...

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Ask jdhaines, as he has taken both and could comment best.

You Rang? Haha, seriously the guys above hit my thoughts as well. I'd trust their advice over mine because they are actual trainers while I was a student who thought very highly of the training. It wouldn't be something my wife would like. But if your wife took Shay's class and was ok mentally afterward and is in reasonable physical condition then she would be well served with this class. I still think there is no better training for this particular piece of the puzzle than Craig's class.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I don't know of anyone being mentally ok after Shay's class. Who has taken his class and stopped at an ATM and filled up at the gas station on their way home?

Top Bottom